Watch Freeks banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

a review of the tag heuer aquaracer chronotimer, not to be confused with the tag
Dimensions: 43 mm. height=15.5mm lug width is 22mm tapering to 20mm with a adjustable deployant.
bought this from topper jewelers last year while looking for a quartz diver with the functions of the breitling aerospace and the omega x-33. heres what I found.
this watch has 8 mode functions that are accessed through the crown. its a push/pull crown on this one. its a 300m diver with the chrono functions being able to be used at depth also.
what isn't said is whether you can operate the crown at depth. after numerous emails to tag heuer, the only info they gave was that the pushers could be used to 300m. thats not what I wanted to know. also I couldn't get the info on the movement. heres some pics and a comparison to the aquagraph.

is expected for a tag heuer.

5) overall. 9/10. if you need a quartz watch for dress or diving, this one fits the bill perfect. tags don't get much press on watch

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Great info and review. Thanks for posting that and the pictures.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Those pictures really give a nice indication of TAG'S fit and finish. The polishing and finish of the case and bracelet really capture the quality.

I'm going to have to give TAG a second look-see. With their heritage and quartz development, etc. I might be more inclined to buy a TAG quartz than in other brands.

Thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Impressive timepieces!

Again, thanks for your insight and review!

Your photography is stunning!

TAG Heuer is a brand that I've not followed for some time. I've owned a few vintage Heuers, but nothing since they were bought by TAG in '85, then LVMH in '99. However, it's time to look again! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.