Watch Freeks banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hey again guys, After looking at Swiss Legend Auto Commanders today (like the look of them) i came across this, its a very basic design but i found it very interesting, as i dont own a Swiss Legend i thought that this would be a good starting point, VERY cheap aswell :)

Manufacturer:Swiss Legend

Diameter : 49mm w/o crown,

53mm w/ crown

Thickness:15mm

Warranty: 4 year Limited warranty on the watch movement.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Swiss Legend Mens Portofino for $39.99

http://shop.froobi.com/SWISS-LEGEND-...h_p_39605.html

Series Portofino
Style Casual
Size Men's
Case Transparent plastic case with stainless steel caseback
Dial Color Silver dial with luminous hands and index hour markers
Strap Black rubber band
Clasp Type Regular buckle
Movement Swiss quartz
Crystal Mineral
Case Diameter 47 mm
Case Thickness 13 mm
Bezel Material Stainless steel
Water Resistant 30 Meters
Crown Push and pull
Calendar Date display at 6:00
Strap Width 22 mm
Strap Length 9.5 inches
Bezel Function Unidirectional rotating bezel with 60 minute scale
Sweep Second Hand Blue

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Dane,

I would never tell somebody not to purchase a watch, but I have to say that I recently purchased a Swiss Legend and I was not impressed with it at all. I sent it back and ended up purchasing something different. If you like it then buy it. That is a good price. I paid a lot more for the one that I purchased.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Dane,

I would never tell somebody not to purchase a watch, but I have to say that I recently purchased a Swiss Legend and I was not impressed with it at all. I sent it back and ended up purchasing something different. If you like it then buy it. That is a good price. I paid a lot more for the one that I purchased.
It is a decent watch for $40. I guess you have to ask yourself what your expectations are at this price point.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

djpop wrote:
For the money it would be a great bang around watch
I agree. The only better deal that I can think of is the $58 Ocean Ghost. That is a nice item for that price range and it is an Automatic.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I agree 100%, for $40 it looks like a nice watch. I'm just not a big fan of Swiss Legend. Just my 2 cents. Like I said I would never talk somebody out of buying a watch. If you like it then buy it.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

You can't really go wrong for $39.

What else would you get? A Timex.

It probably has a nice Swiss movement.

It looks like a substantial piece.

Get it and if you don't like it you could sell it to a friend for what you paid.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

mikeizzy wrote:
Even at 40.00, this watch does nothing for me.
I agree with Mike on this one, but I have never really been a SL fan of any of their models to date.

If you are looking for a watch you wont mind banging around then I say go for it. But if you are looking for something better I might suggest saving the $40-50 towards something else.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
mikeizzy wrote:
Even at 40.00, this watch does nothing for me.
I agree with Mike on this one, but I have never really been a SL fan of any of their models to date.

If you are looking for a watch you wont mind banging around then I say go for it. But if you are looking for something better I might suggest saving the $40-50 towards something else.
Dont worry :) something else has already been sorted :lolInvicta to the rescue!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
imported post

Dane, I have this watch in silvertone blue and it's a great knock around watch.. I got mine about 3yrs ago and paid $79 for it.. less then a yr later I bought another one for my son.. IMO it's a great watch for the money

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I'm a fan of Swiss Legend and have bought several models in both auto and quartz executions (I'm wearing my SL GMT at the moment).

I must admit that I never cared for the Portofino. There were other models that caught my attention (and my money).

At $40 . . . it looks like a bargain!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.