Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older Swiss Army watch with what looks like a Rolex style caseback. I would like to know how to open it as it needs a battery. No photo yet, I am thinling it needs a special tool. Thanks:cool:

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Got a picture you can post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
It's a snap off back. Hard to take off and very hard to put back on without a case press.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it off, now I need to find a 394 battery, or is there another match for it? I find a lot of these batteries have one or two others that match. It is a Swiss Army Marboro watch that I found at a yard sale for $3. It will make a good work watch for less than $10. Post pics later.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Google Search "Watch Battery Cross Reference" for a list of options

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys. Just put in a battery and done, or does it need to be shorted to start?

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
It should start ticking once the battery is in and secure in its slot

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
I got it off, now I need to find a 394 battery, or is there another match for it? I find a lot of these batteries have one or two others that match. It is a Swiss Army Marboro watch that I found at a yard sale for $3. It will make a good work watch for less than $10. Post pics later.
Like this? I just put a battery in mine. I used the same type that was in there.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
This is it. Hopefully a new battery and good to go.
Ah, OK, got that one too, and it's still ticking along. Old picture with an ugly strap. I have it on canvas now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts