Watch Freeks banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hey guys. Anyone here get a high end SWI? I've been trying to decide weather to get an Omega Seamaster with the Co-Axial movt or a the SWI that was aired 2 nights ago. V91309.
The SWI has a nicely modified V7750 along with a winder, a hat and a copy of wrist watch annual that shows the watch listed at 4995. Beautiful watch.

Of course everyone knows Omega but, which one is better in terms of craftsmanship and quality? Don't care about the name I want the craftsmanship and quality.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . Although I do not own an Omega, it is at the top of my want to own list. The quality is astounding IMO. The SWI is truly beautiful in all regards, but I would go Omega all the way . . . .

Oh, BTW . . . I'm right across 99 from you in Stockton . . .

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

if you're talking about the SWI LTD ED watch

i would choose the SWI -in this case -that watch is a work of art

all things being the same(price??) i think it looks nicer than the Seamaster

any other SWI watch - i would choose the Omega

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

Well I know you said you did not care about the name, but realistically IF YOU LIKE BOTH EQUALLY, you should ask yourself which will have a greater retained value in 10 years?, 20 years?, or beyond.

When you hand that watch down to your son, daughter, or whomever, will the value have gone down, stayed the same, or potentially GONE UP.

I am not sure the SWI will have the same retained value as the Omega. Maybe others will disagree with me, but just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

How many times have we already seen recently the SWI models on deal sites? Not sure I have seen the Omega you have mentioned one a deal site ever. I agree with James on his points. With that being said I also like the SWI and plan on owning one....

TVDinner wrote:
Well I know you said you did not care about the name, but realistically IF YOU LIKE BOTH EQUALLY, you should ask yourself which will have a greater retained value in 10 years?, 20 years?, or beyond.

When you hand that watch down to your son, daughter, or whomever, will the value have gone down, stayed the same, or potentially GONE UP.

I am not sure the SWI will have the same retained value as the Omega. Maybe others will disagree with me, but just my opinion.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I like both watches. They each appear to be high quality and great looking.

For me, the difference would lie in whether I was looking for a 3-hand or an auto chronograph. I believe the co-axial movement is only produced as a 3-hand (maybe a 4-hand GMT) in the Omega, whereas the SWI you indicated (obviously) comes with the 7750.

Both appear to be great choices. :)

I would probably take the Omega over the SWI solely for the movement. However, if the SWI contained the 7751 (vs the Omega), it would be a toss up. :)

Good luck in your decision.

EDIT: looks like the co-axial escapement is in a auto chronograph . . . my bad!
http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=932

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

Of course everything I said above I DO LOVE THIS MODEL of the SWI in question - SWI-A9259.S.S.S - Swiss ETA 7751 automatic chronograph

·
Registered
241 Posts
imported post

Today, I would pick the Omega for the above mentioned reasons. But, SWI puts out a product the rivals the very best in terms of quality finish and complimentary movements. If they keep upthat level of workmanship, I see SWI as a contenter at that level of watch making...

I was astonished at the quality of the SWI I just purchased. See thread in the Swiss Watch area for pictures.

Dingbat.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

DingBat wrote:
Today, I would pick the Omega for the above mentioned reasons. But, SWI puts out a product the rivals the very best in term of quality finish and complimentary movements. If they keep that level of workmanship, I see SWI as a contenter at that level of watch making...

I was astonished at the quality of the SWI I just purchased. See thread in the Swiss Watch area for pictures.

Dingbat.
I went with the SWI LE....I put it up against the PO and the SWI blew it away in my eyes...but that's my opinion...had both on the wrist and the swi came up on top....but that's my 2 cents and may not work for anyone else....so here is some eye candy...oh and by the way...I was at a business dinner and everyone was wearing, Hublot, patek, rolex, Audemars Piguet and they all were amazed by my watch and wanted to buy it from me...Either way you cant go wrong...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.