Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing like coming home from a hard days work to a nice surprise. Now I'll be up all night.
Inside we have a Alpina Seastrong Heritage Diver... Goodies include a PVD Bronze case with an internal bezel on a leather strap. The heartbeat comes from an AL-525/modified Sellita SW200-1. It has a beautiful boxed domed sapphire crystal.
It measures 42mm in diameter and is 12mm thick. Double screw down crowns and a solid case back make for 300 meters W/R. Lug width is a deathly 21mm but... They were even nice enough to send me a rubber tropic style strap and strap changer tool so I'm all set. Time to put her on the timegrapher and get a heartbeat.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Nothing like coming home from a hard days work to a nice surprise. Now I'll be up all night.
Inside we have a Alpina Seastrong Heritage Diver... Goodies include a PVD Bronze case with an internal bezel on a leather strap. The heartbeat comes from an AL-525/modified Sellita SW200-1. It has a beautiful boxed domed sapphire crystal.
It measures 42mm in diameter and is 12mm thick. Double screw down crowns and a solid case back make for 300 meters W/R. Lug width is a deathly 21mm but... They were even nice enough to send me a rubber tropic style strap and strap changer tool so I'm all set. Time to put her on the timegrapher and get a heartbeat.

Very very nice, how much did the Timeographer set you back? That is the next step in my sickness,see if I can ruin another $500 watch attempting to regulate it!

P.S. Barton makes a ton of 21mm straps.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very very nice, how much did the Timeographer set you back? That is the next step in my sickness,see if I can ruin another $500 watch attempting to regulate it!

Thanks for the compliment...They're cheap Scuba Dude, I got this one off the Bay for $170 including shipping. Guys I talk to say that these cheapies perform as well as $2000 dollar Swiss units. It's built real well. The mic where you put your watch is all steel and pivots everyway you want it too. You can literally do your own COSC testing minus the temperature changes unless you're really gonna get serious. Great investment. I use it mostly for bringing my vintage pieces back to life. I love it. Highly recommended for any watch enthusiast. 😊

·
Registered
269 Posts

I bought mine for about £80 ($96), when it was on special on the BAY. They are brilliant fun. What is fascinating is witnessing how well the movement is performing, not how well you think it is performing. It allows you to alter the beat error, which is impossible without one. Of course, I destroyed a couple of watches along the way, but I think that's par for the course. My tip is not to drink to much wine before you remove the case back.

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
Man, that is gorgeous Forza ! 😯😎 The look of this bronze finish
is sensational, and honestly mesmerizing. Especially when teamed
with this beautiful brown dial here ! It’s epic really, and just makes
for such a stunning combination. 😀 Add in the fact that it’s this
ultra cool classic dual crown/inner rotating bezel compressor style,
and you are in awe.

Wow, Alpina pulls out all the stops ! Just the detail with the
case-back is remarkable, and how about the extras?! Just is
ridiculously nice ! Wishing you a COLOSSAL congrats on this
super Seastrong sir !!!

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, that is gorgeous Forza ! 😯😎 The look of this bronze finish
is sensational, and honestly mesmerizing. Especially when teamed
with this beautiful brown dial here ! It’s epic really, and just makes
for such a stunning combination. 😀 Add in the fact that it’s this
ultra cool classic dual crown/inner rotating bezel compressor style,
and you are in awe.

Boy oh boy, Alpina pulls out all the stops ! Just the detail with the
case is remarkable, and how about the extras?! Ridiculously nice !
Wishing you a COLOSSAL congrats on this super Seastrong sir !!!
Thanks a lot Tom...:love: it...

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Hmmm, looks like Alpina borrowed a few design features from this?

LLD2 by Charles Ford, on Flickr

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Now you gotta talk 💩. Finally put your toys away huh ? Wife give you a time out ?😁 That's the ugly old man's version that you got on.;)
I am an ugly Old Man, but I don't have any watches with some bogus bronze plating???

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am an ugly Old Man, but I don't have any watches with some bogus bronze plating???
I meant that the watch was ugly, not you. And the wink emoji means I was only kidding. But evidently you didn't catch that and decided to hate on my watch on my thread instead. PVD and DLC are what's in now Buddy. There's no stopping Father Time and technology. Except in Russia that is, where they still can't make a hacking quick set date movement. And the bridges and gears look like they were made on a 1930's Bridgeport.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I meant that the watch was ugly, not you. And the wink emoji means I was only kidding. But evidently you didn't catch that and decided to hate on my watch on my thread instead. PVD and DLC are what's in now Buddy. There's no stopping Father Time and technology. Except in Russia that is, where they still can't make a hacking quick set date movement. And the bridges and gears look like they were made on a 1930's Bridgeport.

Ha Ha Ha, real Bronze is Bronze, PVD is not, yours will never turn colors.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ha Ha Ha, real Bronze is Bronze, PVD is not, yours will never turn colors.
I don't want it too. I think patina is ugly and gross. I prefer it to stay exactly the same only with no scratches because the PVD coating will prevent that. I hope it looks the same ten years from now. 😁

·
Registered
4,763 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lugs are too long....And to be honest, I think the dial looks old... Like the legend it purports to be...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts