Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So, what is a guys point of view on being surprised with a birthday party...Great food, great beverages & all your closest friends...Do you love the idea of that or hate it ?

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

I have always hated my birthday so my significant other wouldnt do that - my birthday has always made ME uncomfortable - dont know why??

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I've only had one in my life and I thought it was awesome! I probably won't have one again though since my birthday falls right around or on Memorial day and we generally have a BBQ/ slash b-day party on that Monday anyway.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Riva wrote:
Dutchess are you really a moderator?
Yes...Why do you ask ?...You think I am an unusual choice ?

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Not really big about my birthdays. Parties are great just not sure about surprises. Maybe for special bdays like 40, 50 and the like.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I love the idea! I would love it if my wife ever did that for me. I would say if you're thinking about doing it, go for it!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

I am a hermit and live alone being suddenly thrust into a party would really be an emotional hurricane.

·
Registered
26 Posts
imported post

I love throwing B-day parties for others but my own b-day depresses me. I usually schedule myself to work on that date just so a party isnt possible (lol) Celebrate 49 couple weeks ago and it was a saturday so I worked a double just to insure no party

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I am also not very into my birthday. Enjoy more celebrating OTHERS birthdays and events.

·
Registered
294 Posts
imported post

They are fun... My wife threw one for me on my 40th(long ago
) We use to teach country western dancing and she had the party at the club we worked at with all our friends and students..

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

I had a surprise party for my seventeenth birthday.It's one of my greatest memories.

My Dad and I went to the local home improvement store one Saturday. Nothing unusual I always went with him.

When we got home I went into the basement to put some things away and SURPRISE!! there were about twenty-five of my friends and people I new.

I just about crapped my pants, everyone was in on it and I didn't have a clue. Flabbergasted.

Everyone parked their cars the next street over so as not to give it away. My Mom, Dad and Sister had me tricked real good. The trip to the store was just a ruse.

There was all kinds of cake, pop, snacks, even beer (back when things could be less politically correct). There was even a band. It went on for hours.

That was ABSOLUTELYthe best birthday I ever had.

Seventeen was my best year. The summer was great. Almost out of school. Didn't have to work. Spent almost everyday either in the pool or biking. The last time I had a really good tan.

Geez where did the time go.

T.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I would be pissed, I dont do Birthday's EVER, I dont do Christmas either....I do like the 4th of July though!

·
Registered
119 Posts
imported post

I like planning my own birthday parties...

can have exactly who I want and where I want it.

Have not had a surprise party since high school and

I remember feigning surprise and happiness.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts