Watch Freeks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I came home tonight from a long day at work and after dinner the wife says she hadn't had a chance to go out and get the mail. I was surprised to find a small 1st class shipping box in the mail box. I figured my wife had ordered something, but was surprised to see it was addressed to me. I didn't recall ordering anything recently. I looked at the return address and saw ManchesterWatchWorks and I think this can't be the Tatoskok can it. No shipping notice or anything.

Well I open the package and sure enough, it's here. Here are some quick and dirty pics with the cell phone. I haven't removed the crystal protector yet. Other than snapping these quick pics, I haven't even had it on yet so no real thoughts yet. First impressions: the dial looks pretty cool and it appears to be a decent watch for the money.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Congratulations. I like this a lot. What's the bezel insert made out of ? And case size?

Reactions: Stewie

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations. I like this a lot. What's the bezel insert made out of ? And case size?
The bezel is aluminum, but a very nice looking one.

Here are some specs for you:

The TATOSKOK Automatic Dive Watch (Pre-order Now Open for the final 90 pieces)

This is a Limited Edition run of 300 timepieces. 210 of which are already spoken for. The remaining 90 are awaiting their movements and assembly. Delivery is expected in late 2015/the first quarter of 2016.

Specifications:

-42.5mm corrosion resistant 316L stainless steel case with bead blasted finish

-47mm lug to lug

-11mm in height

-20 ATM/200 m water resistance

-22mm drilled lugs for easy strap changes and curved for comfort

-Robust, reliable Miyota/Citizen 9015 Automatic Movement, no batteries needed

-Textured black wet sand-like dial with thick, layered C3 lumed markers and a 12:00 marker inspired by the American diver down flag

-43mm knurled unidirectional 120 click bezel

-Aluminum bezel insert with C3 lume at 12:00 and a swallow-tail 12:00 marker inspired by the international diver down flag

-C3 lumed arrow hands with red-tipped seconds

-6mm knurled engraved 4:00 screw-down crown

-Flat scratch resistant sapphire crystal with inner anti-reflective coating to minimize distortions and reflections

-Screwed down engraved case back

-Brass movement holder

-Black PU tear resistant strap with blasted engraved buckle and custom designed MWW nylon strap with blasted hardware and engraved strap keeper included

I got in on this when it was a KickStarter project and at a killer price (my first purchase on KickStarter). They now have the remainder of the batch for sale on a web store.

http://www.manchesterwatchworks.com/store/p11/The_TATOSKOK_Automatic_Dive_Watch_(Pre-order_Now_Open_for_the_final_90_pieces).html

·
Registered
489 Posts
A variety of strap options, a case, and good looks to boot! Sounds like a great bargain indeed. Congratulations on the new piece.

Reactions: scotty and Stewie

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
A variety of strap options, a case, and good looks to boot! Sounds like a great bargain indeed. Congratulations on the new piece.
this was a killer bargain that we found on this site-

i love mines...it is bead blasted but it looks like i do not have to baby it...the LOOM IS GOBBED STRONG C3...the dial is pretty & subtle and in the sun IT IS SAND ON FIRE...DOUG did a great job with his LAKE CHAMPLAIN ABENAKI NESSIE MONSTER...we stole these from MANCHESTER WATCH WORKS...ScottyB fave pre-order of the year:smile-thumb2:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
the 11mm skinny case makes this tool super comfy ...yet it's got presence on the wrist

super design job by DOUG...

don't pack this watch for clown school...just a great homage to king case tools

does NOT scream look at me...BUT...the SAND ON FIRE DIAL ia a jewel among the horological cognoscenti :smile-thumb:

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Sharp Looking. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stewie

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Stewie:
Luv it Luv it.
Please inform us if the 9015 produces counterweight noises.
I have a Reactor with the 9015 engine that sounds like it's
grindin rock when the rotor turns. Have read of substantial
numbers of complaints from other 9015 owners with similar
probs.
Local watchmaker says it's normal for the 9015.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Looks like quite a tool Stewie ;) . What are your thoughts on the dial in real life? Sometimes a rough grain can mess up the printing.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this was a killer bargain that we found on this site-

i love mines...it is bead blasted but it looks like i do not have to baby it...the LOOM IS GOBBED STRONG C3...the dial is pretty & subtle and in the sun IT IS SAND ON FIRE...DOUG did a great job with his LAKE CHAMPLAIN ABENAKI NESSIE MONSTER...we stole these from MANCHESTER WATCH WORKS...ScottyB fave pre-order of the year:smile-thumb2:

Glad you're liking yours Scotty!

This was an incredible deal wasn't it! :smile-thumb2:

You hit some of the strong points. I forgot to mention the lume. They did that right.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Glad you're liking yours Scotty!

This was an incredible deal wasn't it! :smile-thumb2:

You hit some of the strong points. I forgot to mention the lume. They did that right.

i reckon we are the only 2 addicts... i mean horological hobbyists that trigger pulled on this PRE-ORDER

1 of our mods on this site reviewed the quartz... the case was & is right...the 9015 is sweeter...

DOUG designed this as a clean homage to the watch gods of pure tool...very clean stubby lug mini-PUCK...flat case back...she wears E-Z

not acceptable wrist wear for CLOWN UNIVERSITY

catch the sun's rays with the SAND ON FIRE DIAL:smile-thumb:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Stewie:
Luv it Luv it.
Please inform us if the 9015 produces counterweight noises.
I have a Reactor with the 9015 engine that sounds like it's
grindin rock when the rotor turns. Have read of substantial
numbers of complaints from other 9015 owners with similar
probs.
Local watchmaker says it's normal for the 9015.

Lou Snutt

i have heard of audible NOISE FROM THE 9015 issue... my quick observations...even though the case is skinny at 11mm. it seems "thick" ( thick enough to absorb or block or muffle the rotor noise) and i do not believe i hear anything....

any freeks hearing noises coming from the case please post... so i can act even crazier about watches than i am already:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like quite a tool Stewie ;) . What are your thoughts on the dial in real life? Sometimes a rough grain can mess up the printing.

Hey Paul, I understand what you are saying about the grainy dial messing up printing. I just took a look and I'm happy to report that the text is crisp.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have heard of audible NOISE FROM THE 9015 issue... my quick observations...even though the case is skinny at 11mm. it seems "thick" ( thick enough to absorb or block or muffle the rotor noise) and i do not believe i hear anything....

any freeks hearing noises coming from the case please post... so i can act even crazier about watches than i am already:rolleyes:

I haven't noticed anything either. I've had several 9015s and I can't say that any of them have been any louder than any other auto I have.

Maybe I've been lucky.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts