Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The Automatic I mentioned in an earlier post arrived.

Edited to add a photo I took of the actual watch

I got this in a trade with legend, SubAquaNoma Limited Edition Automatic:

The automatic makes it SUPER HEAVY. It's substantially heavier than the Ronda Startech 5050c chrono quartz that I have. I like heavy watches, so this is not a problem. This one has the Sellita sw200 movement.

The dial is more of an understated yellow than that stock pic would indicate and I have gotten several compliments so far. I really enjoy having this watch, but does anyone know any details about:

1. The Carbon Dial?
2. How "Limited" this watch is, as in numbers?
3. If it doesn't specify FF, does that mean it has a sapphire dial? That's what the description on Shop states, but usually Invicta specifies on the case back...

Thanks for looking and any details about this watch would be appreciated!

David

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I owned a couple of these LE SAN III's, they are great watches!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Great watch! Congrats!

All I know (remember) about the carbon dial is that it is formed under intense heat and pressure. It's then coated/plated in whatever the final finish (gold or platinum). As you probably already know, it's true, raw carbon, and not carbon fiber. I don't know what else we were told about the carbon dial?

If there is no number sequence on the watch (xxx/500), then I don't believe anyone knows how many were made (maybe Jim or Eyal would know)?

It should be a sapphire crystal as that model was released prior to FF. I own 2 FF crystal watches and they're clearly marked as such.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Very nice watch. I own the same one. Argabright you have definitelty scored some sweet watches. Has your Accutron VX-200 arrived yet?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Very nice watch. I own the same one. Argabright you have definitelty scored some sweet watches. Has your Accutron VX-200 arrived yet?
Still no VX-200... When the RD arrived, I was hoping... Maybe Monday.

You know you want it, Watchguru58, just GO FOR IT ALREADY!!!

It may have SOLD for less in the past but I'll bet you twenty bucks it won't sell for less (new) in the future!

David

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

argabright wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:

It may have SOLD for less in the past but I'll bet you twenty bucks it won't sell for less (new) in the future!

David
It's NOT an Invicta on SHOPNBC LOL (couldn't resist, sorry...)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
Great watch! Congrats!

All I know (remember) about the carbon dial is that it is formed under intense heat and pressure. It's then coated/plated in whatever the final finish (gold or platinum). As you probably already know, it's true, raw carbon, and not carbon fiber. I don't know what else we were told about the carbon dial?

If there is no number sequence on the watch (xxx/500), then I don't believe anyone knows how many were made (maybe Jim or Eyal would know)?

It should be a sapphire crystal as that model was released prior to FF. I own 2 FF crystal watches and they're clearly marked as such.
Thanks SO MUCH, Rick.

You are always very informative and helpful. btw, I am OUTSIDE the return window on the Swiss Pro Diver (Wave) so I get to experience INVICTA'S WHITE GLOVE SERVICE firsthand, LOL

David

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Awwww . . . shucks! :)

Anytime.

I hope the warranty repair goes smoothly for you. You might be (positively) surprised. :)

argabright wrote:
CurrentTime wrote:
Great watch! Congrats!

Thanks SO MUCH, Rick.

You are always very informative and helpful. btw, I am OUTSIDE the return window on the Swiss Pro Diver (Wave) so I get to experience INVICTA'S WHITE GLOVE SERVICE firsthand, LOL

David

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I have had GREAT luck with Invicta's customer service/repairs. I think this is why I am such a HUGE fan, they make great watches, only had a issue with 2 both moisture under the crystal and they fixed it and returned it 3 weeks sooner then I was told. I cant say that about Breitling which with that and the SA not being what I thought it would be is why I wont own another one anytime soon!!!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

argabright wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:

David
I'm seriously considering it right now. This would be my 2010 watch meaning I would not buy anymore until 2011. My big purchase this year was the SAN III Automatic. I do want it bad trust me. I go and look at it every day.Yes it isn't an Invicta from ShopNBC and that's a plus.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I am pretty sure they are Number Limited editions. I belive like my SAN III 4552 there where 500 made of each colored dial!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts