Watch Freeks banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Pls can anyone tell me how to remove the Bezel on a Subaqua Noma IV and put it back on without trashing it ?

Many thanks !!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Maybe scour Youtube. I have that same watch and love it. The bezel "knobs" have attracted a knick or two on mine. I would think a reputable jeweler would be able to do it easily. If you aren't sure I'd let a pro do it:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input - I love the watch but the risers are abit too much. I thought I'd be able to unscrew them and pop them off but the screws just spin. I was going to take off the bezel and hoping to see screws under the bezel.

I'll probably take it to a pro and see what he can do.

I absolutley love the SANIV except the risers. Like having a super hot girlfriend with a huge mole on the end of her nose. I know theres a cut down version without the risers - but the strap is different and the crown protector is also gone.

If I could find a way to remove those risers and not trash teh bezel, I'd get some more SAN IV's like the silver/black and polished gold.

Ive got a SAN III and those risers are OKbut the IV - are a bit too much.

I'll post some pics after Ive done the job - cheers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked around a few jewelers and to my surprise they wouldn't take the bezel off. Apparently there some springs and a ratchet under there which makes it tough to put it back together.

So in a moment of madness I took a dremel to it and chopped them off. There's some small nubs left but overall I'm very happy with the result. I will need to do some sanding to clean things up a bit and finish it off, but its definatley an improvement (in my eyes).

I'll post some pics in its finished state shortly (about a week).

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Nice work!! Looks way better

·
Registered
434 Posts
Nice work. When I read what you did I cringed at what the outcome could look like but it looks good. Nice mod:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers Guys,

Lol - Brad there were some intermin pictures where things didn't look too good. I ground the bezels down and notied one of the was loose. There's a small screw holding it in which means you can pretty much pop them off after a bit of grinding.

I'm happy with the watch now - wore it to work for the first time since Ive bought it. Still a heavy beast of a watch though !

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yea it's one of the heavier ones I own. Great piece though. Looks mean

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It would be great if you could - but a posted to a different forum a while ago and was told it had been tried and failed. However - I dont have the sport only the SN4 so I cant say for sure whether it would work or not. Maybe someone with both watches could take a close look and comment on whether the bezels can be swapped over ... save me buying a sport :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
What tweaks me about the watch is the useless minute timer for elapsed dive time which isn't on the bezel and only has use if one dives on the hour. How could Invicta make such a mistake. It pretty much makes the bezel useless for diving and only for show.

Here's mine fwiw.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts