Watch Freeks banner

Sub-"Arnie"-Noma III

3K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Seattle 
#1 ·
imported post

Want to tell you a little story about a friend of mine.

You all know him, his name is Arnie.

I had been lamenting about the fact that I had been wanting a SANIII but everytime I had saved enough to pull the trigger on one, some little financial crisis would come up and it was begining to look like I just wasn't meant to own this "humble grail".

Well, next thing you know, Arnie opens up that golden heart of his and tells me that the SAN is on it's way to me! Just an amazing guy - quite worthy of the title "Benevolent Dictator of the Watch Universe".

Just wanted to thank Arnie. Although he'd never tell you this himself, he's a pretty good guy!

And now, some pictures:

Thanks again buddy!

See less See more
#8 ·
imported post

That is very cool, congrats on a great watch. No doubt that Arnie is a class guy, he may dress funny and pretend to be a street dancing gypsy merchant.......nevertheless, a great guy.
You won't find anyone that doesn't think the same (not the gypsy part).:b:%:b:%

Way to go Arnie!!!

CJ

#9 ·
imported post

Seattle wrote:
That is very cool, congrats on a great watch. No doubt that Arnie is a class guy, he may dress funny and pretend to be a street dancing gypsy merchant.......nevertheless, a great guy.

Way to go Arnie!!!

CJ
"Street Dancing Gypsy".............. It's all good CJ! How do you think I got the money to pay for the watch??!!!! :c:%

Jay is a very cool dude that has always made us all laugh with his wacky sense of humor. I am just "Payin it forward" to a great guy!!

#13 ·
imported post

You didn't think for a moment that I wasn't going to "rib ya" did ya Arnie???':%:b

CJ

arnie11 wrote:
Seattle wrote:

Way to go Arnie!!!

CJ
"Street Dancing Gypsy".............. It's all good CJ! How do you think I got the money to pay for the watch??!!!! :c:%

Jay is a very cool dude that has always made us all laugh with his wacky sense of humor. I am just "Payin it forward" to a great guy!!

#14 ·
imported post

Seattle wrote:
You didn't think for a moment that I wasn't going to "rib ya" did ya Arnie???':%:b

CJ

arnie11 wrote:
Seattle wrote:

Way to go Arnie!!!

CJ

Not for a New York second CJ! Not even. :c

#15 ·
imported post

Good, just checkin........:b:b

CJ

arnie11 wrote:
Seattle wrote:

CJ

arnie11 wrote:
Seattle wrote:

Way to go Arnie!!!

CJ

Not for a New York second CJ! Not even. :c

#16 ·
imported post

Very cool watch. That is probably my favorite dial in the SAN III quartz models. I really like that brown sunray dial. We have some great and generous members on here. Arnie and CJ just to start and many more as well. Thanks for all that you guys do to make this the best watch forum on the web.

#17 ·
imported post

Congrats on the SubAqua!

I will say one thing:
For all the bad things that happened in my life in 2009 (losing my job and watching my wife suffer for over 6 months with HORRIBLE back pain, before getting surgery) I still can't help but look back at 2009 with a smile because Arnie and I became really good friends. Getting to spend time with him and Linda in Pennsylvania was DEFINITELY one of the highlights of the year!

He is TOPS!!!!!

#18 ·
imported post

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for all the nice words/feelings. Shewt, I'm all warm and fuzzy right now, LOL!

Gotta tell ya. The feeling is mutual too. Meeting guys like Rip, Scott, TK/Eric, James, C.J. and many others of you as well has been a real pleasure to say the very least. Thanks for putting up with me too!!!

Now. The real story of how I got that piece for Jay. ..... I knew he was looking for it. Met a guy in a jewelry store last week who was wearing it. Nice!! When he left, I followed him down a dark alley, mugged him with a roll of paper towels, tied him up with his own lace panties (to each his own) and took his freakin time piece!!! Ran to the post office and sent it out immediately so as to dispose of the evidence.

So Jay! Keep a low profile with that thing will ya??!!!! :%:%:%

#20 ·
imported post

So that explains the slightly feminine odor I havn't been able to clean off of this thing!:(

arnie11 wrote:
Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for all the nice words/feelings. Shewt, I'm all warm and fuzzy right now, LOL!

Gotta tell ya. The feeling is mutual too. Meeting guys like Rip, Scott, TK/Eric, James, C.J. and many others of you as well has been a real pleasure to say the very least. Thanks for putting up with me too!!!

Now. The real story of how I got that piece for Jay. ..... I knew he was looking for it. Met a guy in a jewelry store last week who was wearing it. Nice!! When he left, I followed him down a dark alley, mugged him with a roll of paper towels, tied him up with his own lace panties (to each his own) and took his freakin time piece!!! Ran to the post office and sent it out immediately so as to dispose of the evidence.

#21 ·
imported post

Hey Arnie, not real sure why ya felt an explanation was necessary.........that's exactly what I envisioned!!! I would have been disappointed with anything less!!:%:%:%

CJ

arnie11 wrote:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.