Watch Freeks banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a watch that I can wear with my suit. Since automatic watches are too thick it shout be a quartz movement and max. 8mm thin. So I took a look at Daniel Wellington and Kapten & Son, however, they only have mineral glass and Asian movements (I know the Japan movement of Daniel Wellington is good, but I would like to have a swiss one ;D).

Now a Friend of mine is absolutely excited about these Styrman & Crew watches. They have a swiss movement and sapphire glass while the design is almost the same.

At the moment, they have a Kickstarter campaign running https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/759770222/minimalistic-watches-high-quality-components-from where the watches are much cheaper.
However, I don’t have any experience with Kickstarter. Is Kickstarter trustworthy and will I definitely get my watch? By now the campaign seems to be on a good way to reach its goal..

Thank you
Oliver

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Interesting first post ...

I think any Kickstarter project always has the disclaimer that you're putting your money into something that may never see the light of day.

There are plenty of projects that are carried through and make it into the hands of the contributors, but there are "horror stories" of those that fizzled, and people lost their money.

There are SOOOO many dress watches out there at VERY affordable prices, and plenty of the autos are nice and thin. There's really no need to count on a Kickstarter watch.

The Hamilton Intra-matic is only 10mm thick, just for one example off the top of my head. That should easily slip under your shirt cuff.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Definitely pass on that. There are waaaayy too many models that fit the specs you are looking for and available now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts