Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,969 Posts
I'll echo some of the other's reactions on the size. That style of case/dial already wears large, so I think I would scale it back down to the 42ish mm neighborhood.

Also, I like the open and clean look you're going for, so I would either cut the day/date window out totally or bring it down to a date only, and make it a black disc with white writing to make it blend in more.

With all that real estate, I feel like something more should be done with those numerals and the hands. Everything's just too thin. Experiment with font styles and sizes, as well as hands that might have a funky modern style that would fit the concept you're shooting for.

The straps are FANATASTIC!!!!!!! Don't change a thing about those!!!!!!

· Premium Member
19,352 Posts
Also, it looks like the movement is causing the date to be a little too far away from the outer edge of the dial, it looks odd to me.

^^^ this. It is basically in middle of dial, right next to the hands.

Overall I just don't care for the dial design, date placement or the size for this style of watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Marine Tunnel Rat
6,387 Posts
39mm to 42mm (tops) would ideal, at it's current size it will look like Grandpa's alarm clock on your wrist.

Reactions: Maverick

· Registered
407 Posts
I'll agree with many here. A simple clean watch such as this should be about 39 mm to 41 mm. I do however like most of the dials and the clean and crisp presentation. Picture number one through three are subtle and restrained which I feel is a good direction for a watch like these. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Administrator
11,594 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.