Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just picked up one of these Sturmanskie Gagarin Commemorative 50th Anniversary pieces (Thanks to Arnie for tipping my off to the launch, so to speak). Mine is numbered 117/500. As I am still doing my 'Red October' Russian watch parade this seemed like a perfect buy. Here is the poop on this one:

"Inspired by the 50th anniversary of Yuri Gagarin’s historic journey into outer space when he successfully completed an orbit of the Earth, this exciting timepiece will take your personal style to new heights! Constructed from surgical grade 316L stainless steel, the round silver-tone case boasts an etched case back with the limited edition number out of 500 and Russian script which translates to "Let's Go,” the words spoken by Gagarin when his rocket launched. The timepiece comes packaged in a replica of the space capsule "Vostok" that carried Gagarin on his historic ride."

I went with the white because it is most like the original, but in comes in gray and also an updated black version that is very cool, with the newer logo on the dial.

I had my dog 'Charlie' help me with the photos.....It came packed in this space capsule...

Well OK then let's see what's inside....

Ok now to strap it on for a few wrist shots.....

Charles-skie and I would like to thank you for looking...

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
imported post

Nice, I like your dog too

·
Registered
10,148 Posts
imported post

Great looking watch and thats a very cool box it came in. You have a great Russian collection. Congrats on your new addition!

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Arnie, I told Charlie what you said about making the thread...and he gave me this look, he thinks he's a star now!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
imported post

A very nice piece.

I've wanted to add a Russian watch to the collection for a while.

It has to have a Russian movement and any writing must be Cyrillic.

In other words the Russian watch MUST be Russian.

This one seems to fit the bill, a good candidate.

Nice pick up, I like it. :b

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

Nice watch. Thanks for the great pictures and enjoy this piece.

·
Registered
776 Posts
imported post

Awesome watch! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thanks for the compliments everyone!!I actually put this on a olive and maroon NATO type strap and it looks amazing, I'll do a picture when the sun comes up.

·
Registered
179 Posts
imported post

I like the look of it. Is it loud? I have never seen a Russian watch to know how they sound compared to similar watches. This is hard to explain so I hope you know what I am asking.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Phizbot wrote:
I like the look of it. Is it loud? I have never seen a Russian watch to know how they sound compared to similar watches. This is hard to explain so I hope you know what I am asking.
No it does not seem loud, I have to hold it up to my ear to hear it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
imported post

Very cool packaging. Let's see... You've had the watch for about a year now. Still working well? From what supplier did you purchase? I'm looking at the Sturmanskie Volmax Gagarin Chrono available from a web source called russia2all.com. Did you purchase from them?

Thanks & cheers! JR

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Still working well.

I got mine from ShopNBC but it's the same guy. Craig Hester owns Detente Watch Group and russia2all.com and also sells on ShopNBC. Craig is a stand-up guy and I have bought several other Russians from him at Russis2all.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts