Watch Freeks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Of course . It looks like an Alpina or an IWC...
Most of sturhling watches are copies of high end brands, same with alot of Invictas and crotons.
Been going on for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
And the numerals are very Ernst Benz like

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
It reminds me most of the Fortis. The dial looks very very similar.

OH WELL, who cares. It is a homage. Nothing new...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have one of these. It's a fun watch to own; I like wearing it on a variety of NATOs that fit/match it pretty well.

Reactions: afury8

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Cheap homage at best

Looks less like a homage than a clown watch.
Might be fun to own, but I feel differently about watches and love to see well made watches in public. When I see this I am reminded of the old days when you would see the ten dollar Timex watches in SavOn Drug Store. Of couse a scoop of ice cream was a nickel.

Fashion watch it is. I'd don't know, just personal likes. Similar to most everything, cars have homage designs but huge difference in quality and resale

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
Might be fun to own, but I feel differently about watches and love to see well made watches in public. When I see this I am reminded of the old days when you would see the ten dollar Timex watches in SavOn Drug Store. Of couse a scoop of ice cream was a nickel.

Fashion watch it is. I'd don't know, just personal likes. Similar to most everything, cars have homage designs but huge difference in quality and resale
here's your new avatar-

no need to thank me :pound:

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Stuhrling has been making the Tuskegee line for years now. There can only be so many designs out there, I see 100s of Dive Watches posted on the forums from dozens of different companies that look so similar if they didn't have a brand on them you couldn't tell who made them. The problem is it's hard to trademark of copyright a style. You can a logo or name easily. Pretty much every watch I have seen is a copy of something else one of the reasons I like the really off the wall designs.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Stuhrling has been making the Tuskegee line for years now. There can only be so many designs out there, I see 100s of Dive Watches posted on the forums from dozens of different companies that look so similar if they didn't have a brand on them you couldn't tell who made them.
This.

This picture about says it all. I own 2 watches of this style, and they don't get a lot of wrist time. So vanilla.

·
Registered
912 Posts

here's your new avatar-

no need to thank me
Always a party pooper out there .. I like my homage watches .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts