Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

At the PA GGT on Sat 11/7 we all had the great HONOR to meet and actually hang out with Larry Magen, President of Stuhrling. He was INCREDIBLY nice and really knowledgeable about watches in general.

I do not currently own any Stuhrling watches, but they are one that I plan to add to my collection in the future. I would love to see pictures of Stuhrling watches you own OR models you would like to own.

Here is the one I really would love to own someday -

Stuhrling Original Targa Swiss Chronograph Oversized Men's Watch
Normally around $350

Dimensions: Case: 48 mm dia.
Materials:Stainless steel
Model No: 176B.33112
  • Ruggedly styled men's chronograph watch
  • Stuhrling designer style with 316L surgical grade stainless steel case and bracelet
  • Watch features add and split function chronograph Offset second hand subdial
  • Premium Swiss quartz movement
  • Screw-in case back
  • Unidirectional ratcheting bezel
  • Machine-tooled slanted accents down center links
  • Fine coin edge bezel
  • Super Luminova hands and hour markers
  • Sweeping second hand
  • Push-button deployment clasp with safety lock

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

I do not have a Sturling in my collection yet. The one in the above photo is an awesome looking timepiece. I like it.....Bob

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I own 1 and it is the Apocco XT! This is the ONLY Stuhrling at this point I would own!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I own 1 and it is the Apocco XT! This is the ONLY Stuhrling at this point I would own!

That is very cool looking. These have Chinese movements in them don't they? I know they have a few with Miyota's, but aren't they mostly Chinese?

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
RipitRon wrote:

That is very cool looking. These have Chinese movements in them don't they? I know they have a few with Miyota's, but aren't they mostly Chinese?
Yes it is a Chinese Movement, and based on my Quartz ETA 251.272 it is off by 9 seconds per 24 hrs! Not bad really!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Model 27/27A.....see my post on this watch for details known.....considered a collectors item for Stuhrling collectors.

·
Registered
119 Posts
imported post

I have the one shown above. SO are a great buy...

underpriced for what they are and Larry Magen is tops.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Mike - have you ever seen the one that I posted above available from the shop? I really like the one I posted but can not find the J number?

·
Registered
699 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Mike - have you ever seen the one that I posted above available from the shop? I really like the one I posted but can not find the J number?
TV, I know you post occassionally over at the other site. I would PM Larry Meagan at SO with a picture and see if he can help you. I know he is a member at WG's.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Never seen it anywhere. Like that watch too. Looks great. Sorry I haven't been on for a while. Don't want to look like I'm ignoring anyone.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
imported post

TinyDancer wrote:
I have the one shown above. SO are a great buy...

underpriced for what they are and Larry Magen is tops.
The Alpine is agreat watch. Keeps super time. :):)

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

Well...I own a few...

First and my favorite watch I own...The Madman Chronograph LE...

Got to love the quality of this watch......everything fits perfectly!! The watch fits me like it was custom made for me!!!

My Uptown Ozzie XL, All black IP...

Winchester Grand Skeleton.... The Skeletonized Movement is even more wonderful to look at in person.

Everytime I have worn any of my Stuhrling Originals I have been stopped and asked what type of watch I am wearing.

I also own an Akribos...but no pics.

UKWolfeman...your Stuhrling is very collectible....and in excellent condition....very nice. Keep it proctected....I personally would only wear it to something formal...or semi formal. Great Christmas party watch for sure!!!

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

For me I also do not any SO's as of yet, I've been kinda on the fence about chinese movements. But those are some great pieces you all have.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts