Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I could not be happier!!! This is an impressive watch.

This all started with this thread - http://www.watchfreeks.com/view_topic.php?id=1473&forum_id=11

I got the Targa 24 model. Here are the stats on the watch and the pictures:

At a whopping 47 millimeters round and 53mm east to west including the crown, the Targa's own the largest case in Stührling Original’s history. In keeping with the extraordinary demands of the race by the same name, every aspect of the Targa has been given consideration for durability, toughness and precision of engineering.
Beginning with its engine, oneof the most reliable quartz movements,which features a center-stop seconds hand, 60-minute sub-dial (at the nine o’clock position), a twenty-four hour indicator (sub-dial at three o’clock position), and a quick-set date complication (at the six o’clock position)! Just like the motor cars that compete, the Targa engine is safeguarded with a casing milled from solid 316L stainless steel with a massive mineral crystal. Noticable attention was also given to styling. The dial has been hydraulically pressed to create multiple levels, the mirror stick hour markers, luminous hour and minute hands, with seconds in white around the dial and a tachymeter on the flange, with kris cut mill work on the bezel for intricate styling!
Beautiful 316L surgical grade stainless steel five row parallelogram custom bracelet band 24mm tapering to 20mm.
Specifications:
  • Bezel: Hydraulic Pressed dial with Concentric Circles on the three eyes and Sun Ray finish on Main Dial
  • Bracelet:24mm Tapered Solid Stainless Steel Five-Row Link Bracelet
  • Measurements: 3H-9H: 53mm (including crown); 6H-12H: 54mm (including lugs), 47mm without lugs
  • Caseback: Decorated Screwed-In Dodecagonal Case Back with Stührling Logo
  • Movement Type:Citizen Miyota Quartz Movement (Caliber 0S20) with Chronograph up to 60 Minutes, Date and 24 Hour Indicator
  • Crystal: Krysterna Dial
  • Band Length: 9-1/2"L
  • Buckle: Stainless Steel Deployant Clasp with Safety Lock with Stührling Signed Logo
  • Water Resistant:5 ATM 50 Meters 165 feet
  • Warranty: Two Year Limited Warranty by Stuhrling

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Nice James - dont you just love their packaging ??

shows a little pride of workmanship!!

congrats on your first SO!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I do want to add that I purchased this watch from http://www.yourdreamizhere.com/ and it arrived in 2 DAYS with normal shipping. 2 days!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

this watch sucks........lol......because its not on my wrist.....ha ha

great pickup James, i hope that i get one myself soon.......enjoy my freckled friend

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Nice pick up James. Since I received the Model 27/27A in trade I had never really considered owning a Stuhrling. While mine is square and I am not really into square watches for the most part Stuhrling watches are impressive. Great packaging and detail in the watches. Your pick up make me want to own more. I will definitely be looking at getting the il Capo and the Madman and possibly this variation in the near future.

Again sharp looking watch!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I do want to make this one point to everyone. The model I got does not have a second hand that is always moving. The large second hand is part of the chrono function. You can leave it running all of the time, but the battery will die quicker.

This is fine with me but thought everyone should know. The other model we were talking about in the original thread has a small second hand dial that is always spinning.

Here is the answer from Larry at Stuhrling

[align=left][/align]
Hi James,
The Citizen OS20 does not have a second hand.
I never recommend to let the chrono stop-center second hand to run all the time because it will run down your battery faster.

Feel free to call me anytime.

Enjoy your watch.

Larry
[align=left][/align]

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

djpop wrote:
congrats James its a good looking watch, but I do like a second hand
well so do I normally, but I can always just turn on the chrono feature if I want.

Also the other model has the small second hand.

Either way I love this model. it is so impressive on the wrist!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Hi James, that is a stunning timepiece from the case to the bracelet! I like it!! Congrats and enjoy your new Sturhling original. Wear it in good health. ....Bob

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Thanks Bob and everyone!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Hey James - did you size it yourself yet????

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Like it!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

I liked it the first time I saw it.........like it better now with the "real world" pics! Congrats James!:b

CJ

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
Hey James - did you size it yourself yet????
No, lol - it is soooo polished that I am afraid to damage it, lol
I had my guy do it for me to be safe, lol

·
Registered
298 Posts
imported post

James - very nice - I love it !! Wear it offen and in good health

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Very nice watch James. I'm jealous. Your getting me more and more interested in the Stuhrling timepieces.
If they all looked like this I would have many more. this is a real serious watch. big but not huge, very well made and solid but not heavy.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

I almost bought this myself, now I wish I had, great looking watch. Looks like a pilot watch!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts