Watch Freeks banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Got this home today and I like the look of the watch. But the rotor makes a lot of noise when I shake my wrist. Think this watch is going back. Never had a watch this noisy while the rotor spins.:WW

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

You mean the actual movement winding is just making to much noise? Most of my automatics make some noise I guess also, but not so noticeable that it bothers me.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
You mean the actual movement winding is just making to much noise? Most of my automatics make some noise I guess also, but not so noticeable that it bothers me.
I have Pro Divers that make a little noise when I shake my wrist., but this watch sounds like the rotor is spinning on the crystal.

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

mikeizzy wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
I have Pro Divers that make a little noise when I shake my wrist., but this watch sounds like the rotor is spinning on the crystal.
Maybe you should call Larry directly on Monday and find out what he says. Maybe that is not normal. I would call Larry first before sending back.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
mikeizzy wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
Maybe you should call Larry directly on Monday and find out what he says. Maybe that is not normal. I would call Larry first before sending back.
The funny thing is I got the emperor's Grandeur and this watch makes no noise at all. The same thing happened with the winchester grand I got. Same loud rotor. With that watch I did talk with him and he said it did make some noise, My response to that was , not like there is a marble rolling around in it.

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

Depends on the movement as to whether the rotors makes noise.Also the case has alot to do with it.I have some that make a claking sound, but thats normal for the movement.On dive watches that have a soft iron core and a dust cap, theres rarely any movement noise that gets through.Which movement is in your watch?

Never mind, I just checked the movement.Does it look like its hitting the caseback?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

dedward wrote:
Depends on the movement as to whether the rotors makes noise.Also the case has alot to do with it.I have some that make a claking sound, but thats normal for the movement.On dive watches that have a soft iron core and a dust cap, theres rarely any movement noise that gets through.Which movement is in your watch?

Never mind, I just checked the movement.Does it look like its hitting the caseback?
ST92504 33 jewel

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

mikeizzy wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
mikeizzy wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
The funny thing is I got the emperor's Grandeur and this watch makes no noise at all. The same thing happened with the winchester grand I got. Same loud rotor. With that watch I did talk with him and he said it did make some noise, My response to that was , not like there is a marble rolling around in it.
I have a Winchester Grand too and it IS noisy. I may give Stuhrling another shot, but I wasn't very impressed with that watch. I didn't expect much for $68 though.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

argabright wrote:
mikeizzy wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
mikeizzy wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
I have a Winchester Grand too and it IS noisy. I may give Stuhrling another shot, but I wasn't very impressed with that watch. I didn't expect much for $68 though.
I have the same watch and it is noisy also. I have pro divers that cost 72.00 and it doesn't make that much noise.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

Hey Mike,

I just got both of mine earlier today...

Don't notice any irregular loud noises coming from either of mine...

Your best bet, would be to reach out to Larry... Or even Felix..

Question..

When you say loud noise?

How far is it away from your ear, when you hear the noise?

Again, Just curious and I want to see if, Ican duplicate the same conditions....

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

mikeizzy wrote:
Got this home today and I like the look of the watch. But the rotor makes a lot of noise when I shake my wrist. Think this watch is going back. Never had a watch this noisy while the rotor spins.:WW
Hey Mike,

I went back and checked both of my recently, received Blue and Rosetone Saturnalia's, and as I suspected.... Both are very quiet.

Definately, reach out to either Larry and/or Felix..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.