Watch Freeks banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I purchased a Stuhrling Original Targa Chronograph Swiss Quartz Watch (Model #176L.332B51. 48mm case, 53mm with crown) that came on a black leather band. I like the band, but wanted a bracelet for this watch so I would have both options available. From all of my research with Felix and Larry there was not a stock bracelet for this model.

So after about 2 weeks of searching I found a bracelet that I really liked at Strapped For Time that matched the 2 tone (black and silver) look of the case, but was also solid links and had pretty good weight as well.

It came today (delivered in 2 days via normal mail delivery). I could not be happier. To be 100% honest this watch went from already looking really nice - to an entirely new level of awesome. I like the new look much better, BUT still have the luxury of easily putting back on the original leather band again if desired.

Some pics

Before:

After:

And next to his Silver Sister - The Targa Pro 24

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

With all the "kits" coming out lately I really wanted to have both options - the leather and the metal bracelet - so I could wear this watch both ways. It looks completely different with the 2 options now and I feel like I have 2 separate watches and I can easily change back and forth if wanted.

It took me a while to find the bracelet I thought I would be happy with and I am really pleased with the one I got. It is a real solid bracelet and not some cheap folder one from Asia.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

James -That looks like a million bucks!!!

When Larry/Felix see this they might look into mod'ing the original LOL

great look !!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

It's great when you can find an aftermarket bracelet to replace a strap! This isn't always easy at all!

You made a great choice in that one! It matches and compliments the Targa just perfectly!

Now you have some interchangeability when you desire, as well!

Great choice!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Thanks guys. I am wearing it right now and am really happy.

I hope that Stuhrling can someday offer an interchangeable system like Renato and Invicta did recently. That would be really cool.

·
Registered
117 Posts
imported post

I think it looks good. To bad they did not have a stock bracelet for you with the matching end links. That would have been perfect. That is a nice bracelet you found and does match pretty closely.

·
Registered
466 Posts
imported post

I think you made an excellent choice with the band colors. The whole steel with the black strip down the center does match that execution quite well. Didn't I suggest something like that...? :p

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Felix wrote:
I think you made an excellent choice with the band colors. The whole steel with the black strip down the center does match that execution quite well. Didn't I suggest something like that...? :p
You sure did Felix!
Everyone was a huge help in giving me suggestions and places to find different options.

Thank you again!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

Thank you guys. I love it!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Hey James -you know most of the time i dont mind the leathers & rubber straps -alittle change of pace

but in this case -that was a great mod -makes the watch look 100x better -enjoy it brotha!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

interesting. i applaud the mod, but wonder why the brand would not just make a bracelet for that watch with the end links. obviously they made the bracelet for the silver one which is the exact same case design. looks good.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

Thanks again!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.