Watch Freeks banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

OK Freeks - I have another recommendation for you for your accessory needs.

I spoke to David today who is the owner of the Charlotte, North Carolina based company Strapped For Time - http://www.strappedfortime.com

Strapped for time has LARGER SIZED bracelets and straps (up to 28mm!) and are NOT on the other side of the planet - they are USA based. In addition they keep over 6000 items IN STOCK.

Here are some additional details about the company that I learned when speaking with David on the phone this morning.

The business was started over 5 years ago. The nice thing is that he IS a big watch collector himself, so he understands the business and different products very well. David told me he has a wide variety of brands in his collection including Seikos, Rolex, Brietling, Tags, Invictas, and many more. He is regularly buying and selling watches so he has a really good knowledge of different brands, and styles of all of the different levels of watches.

Since he started the company based on his personal experiences dealing with watches - one of his main concerns is always providing fast and positive customer service. With his company you have the ability to actually SPEAK WITH A REAL PERSON, or receive a call back or email response very quickly.
** He called me back within 60 minutes of my initial email inquiry about a bracelet I am buying (see below)

Strapped for Time has been featured on many other websites, online magazines and many other places. They ARE NOT a one-man operation and have a full team of people working with David handling the calls, internet inquiries, and orders.

Everything on David's site is "medium to higher end quality" (his words) and he is always looking for new and better quality items to be offered on his site.

David has also joined Watch Freeks and is now a member here, which is great for all of our members!

-----------------------

Now to the real customer feedback from my experience.
Today I ordered this solid link bracelet to be put on one of my watches - http://www.strappedfortime.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=117

I am getting the bracelet, NOT the watch, lol

I placed my order directly through their site, which is a secure online payment gateway AND THEY TAKE PAYPAL also. The entire order process was VERY easy and straightforward.

I should receive the bracelet in the next few days and I will report back in this thread again with pictures and additional info. Right now I have nothing but positive feedback from my buying experience with this company.

Check them out!

ORDER UPDATES:
1) After placing my order online I immediately received multiple emails with confirmation, invoice records, etc
2) I RECEIVED MY SHIPPING EMAIL less then 1 hour after placing the order. Very fast.
3) Received my order in 2 (two) business days. Packed well and safely. Very very fast delivery and service. Bracelet was exactly as advertised and very nice. Pictures coming soon in a separate thread. Highly recommended company!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
NICE CHOICE JAMES!!!
Thank you for the lead and recommendation George. You put me on to this company. And David, the owner, just joined the site here also! Great news.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

that is a sweet looking bracelet - best i saw all over the net -not surprised its a US small/mid size company

the best innovations come from small/mid size US companies IMO

that bracelet will take the TARGA black to a whole other level!!!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

It is always good to have these types of resources available. Straps and bracelets always seem to present problems when looking for quality replacements. I'll be sure to save this info and check them out.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

The are great guys James....I have gotten watch straps from them for at least a couple of years now. They have an ebay store...and that's how I found them. I have gotten a lot of my 20-24mm straps from them...always great prices and quality straps.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Updated first post with order updates for my order. So far very fast and good service.

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the info, James, and nice choice on the bracelet! I might have to look into one for myself as I'm always happy to support the little guy, esp in USA!

·
Registered
49 Posts
imported post

Great to know, James, thanks for the info! I am always on the lookout for good sources for straps, bracelets and other accessories for my watch collection, You can bet that I will check this one out!

Thanks, and best to David as a new member here (as I am also a new member!).

·
Registered
115 Posts
imported post

I was looking at their site the other day, as I was looking for a band for my newly acquired Accutron 7750, and since I live only 20 minutes south of Charlotte thought they might be a good choice. Although I have not bought anything yet. I will give them another look now that you recommend them.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Great resource! Thanks!

. . . . even better is that we now have someone with personal experience to rely on!

Great choice in watch bands, James . . . which watch are you putting the bracelet onto?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
Great resource! Thanks!

. . . . even better is that we now have someone with personal experience to rely on!

Great choice in watch bands, James . . . which watch are you putting the bracelet onto?
Going to try it on this one - I am going to keep the leather strap and have both for the future for this watch, but I really wanted to see it on a heavy metal bracelet so trying this out.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.