8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Reviewer: Mike W. (UKWolfeman)
Strap Being Reviewed: Xsub 779B

Company Website: http://www.kainheritage.com/
Email: [email protected]

About/History:
Kain Heritage strives to achieve our dreams and effort to provide the best and authentic leather strapsin highest quality worldwide.

Our goal is to provide Panerai, as well as other watch brands, collectors with a wider variety of designs to individualize their own watches.

Kain's designs are fusions of traditions and innovations in the hopes to accentuate the vogue in you!

Our sophistication in workmanship and seriousness in quality control will surely leave you no worries.

We work hard to ensure you with a safe and enjoyable shopping experience with us. We are devoted to continual improvement to meet the needs of our customers.

Specifications:

Item code - Xsub-779B
Description - Natural dark brown calf with match stitch
Structure - Full stitching with two float keepers
Strap Size - 24/24mm, 130/80
Thickness - Approx 4.5mm
Attached - Buckle and ss tubes
Price - US$103

Strap provided for review

My Thoughts and Impressions: When I first opened the package I was overwhelmed at the presentation. My first thought was is this strap or watch pacaging. I do consider their packaging extraordinay for straps and a very nice touch and something all strap companies should consider just to add that extra something special to set themselves apart.

After opening the outer leather case the strap was then packaged inside another smaller leather case. A warranty card was also packaged inside the exterior case which is another nice touch for a strap. After removing the strap from the interior case the quality was in your face obvious. This version of the Xsub measures in at 4.8mm in thickness. The rich dark brown strap is extremely well finished from the black edges to the fine mocha brown stitch work. Sorry the photos seem to make the stitching appear more bronze in color but the stitch is most definitely a mocha/chocolate in color. The strap comes with two (2) floating keeper that also finished just as nicely to match the rest of the strap. As I have stated in previous reviews I am a huge fan of having two keepers and this should be a standard with all strap companies especially with strap keepers 10mm or less in width.. The strap works in very well and is more comfortable on the wrist with continued usage.

The polished SUB buckle is fantastic and measures in at an awesome 3.3mm in thickness. The buckle is the screw in variety. I would say the buckle secures and rests on the strap in a similar way as a "GPF" Panerai style buckle as it doesn't conform to the strap as the Venzo buckle which was mentioned in another review. Sharp looking buckle all around.

The Xsub series appears to be a well made set of straps and I believe anyone would be pleased with owning a Kain Heritage strap. Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
imported post

Perfect stitching on front and back. Additional leather case is practical and makes the pricing much more attractive. Quality is all over this one! Thanks for the review.

·
Registered
124 Posts
imported post

I was a little unsure until I saw it on your watch. That is quite an attractive combination.

The strap is meaty and bold without being flashy. That pairs just right with your Tourby.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

Another winner from Kain Heritage.
Love the strap, and the packaging on these is great.

Good pics and review.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

kunisman wrote:
Great review.
Love the strap, not so fond of the buckle.
The buckle is the coolest part!!

LOL.

I am just one who likes the custom funky buckles thought.
Not for everyone I am sure.

·
Registered
967 Posts
imported post

Have to love the buckle! There is so much potential for different buckle designs, but there must be quite a cost involved...

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
imported post

KH makes a very fine product. I have one now that is several years old and really maintains its quality well. When it holds up over time like that, that is what separates the men from the boys.

Great review and pics as always, Michael, too!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

Mesh Guy wrote:
KH makes a very fine product. I have one now that is several years old and really maintains its quality well. When it holds up over time like that, that is what separates the men from the boys.

Great review and pics as always, Michael, too!
Throw up a pic of yours when you have time Nate. Would like to see how its held up over the years.

·
Registered
673 Posts
imported post

Great review and pics, I'm not sure if it was the Tourby that complimented thestraps or the straps complimenting the Tourby. Either way I loved the stitching, buckle and the color.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
imported post

I know that you guys did a review on Kain Heritage Straps, but boy they have issues with what they have in stock and what they don't.
The website pretty much states that everything is in stock, but I attempted to order 1 strap and was told 4 different times that the next strap that I was attempting to order was sold out.
It took around 20 emails to order one watch strap. They do look like a good strap, but at least tell me what is in stock and what isn't. Or tell me that it will be a month or so lead time in order to get the specific strap.
Or maybe they are a victim of their own success??

·
Registered
52 Posts
imported post

I am really feeling the Kain Heritage Xiran XR-861D, but it says that they are out of stock until February. I agree, the presentation of these straps is awesome. They look a tad bit short though. Are the pics playing tricks on me?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts