Watch Freeks banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
imported post

Tattoo Chef wrote:
Axelay2003 wrote:
I have the same black 24mm Isofrane with the SS and PVD RS buckles. This is one of those things you have to try to appreciate. It is like going from DVD to Blue Ray! Once you go Blue Ray, there is no going back:)
That was a great description.....its like a $10 bottle of wine to a $100 bottle of wine, a Ford to a Mercedes, a burger to a Filet Mignon.
You forgot Steamed Vs Flame Broiled! :p

The thing I learned today: There is a rubber strap... with an extension! Thanks for taking the time to put this review together Don. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the review. I still tend to be a little wary of any review that doesn't have at least some small aspect of a negative contained in it. I usually find that some negative aspect of the product has been discounted or left out not with any evil intent, but as a result of enthusiasm. The only thing even approaching a negative mentioned is the high price. I have no direct experience with them. I wasn't very impressed with their website, the deal about the sold out buckles could easily become confusing to some. No major concern for sure, but with the price already very much on the high end, I'm betting it's causing them to lose some sales. I doubt very seriously that I will be willing to spend anywhere near $100 for a rubber(isoprene) strap anytime soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,148 Posts
imported post

Nice review Don,I dont think I would ever have a use for one. Still can't get over the looks of them. The nicest rubber strap I have had is on an Edox which felt like silk on my wrist. I felt it was an honest review and thank.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
imported post

RaiderFan wrote:
Thanks for the review. I still tend to be a little wary of any review that doesn't have at least some small aspect of a negative contained in it. I usually find that some negative aspect of the product has been discounted or left out not with any evil intent, but as a result of enthusiasm. The only thing even approaching a negative mentioned is the high price. I have no direct experience with them. I wasn't very impressed with their website, the deal about the sold out buckles could easily become confusing to some. No major concern for sure, but with the price already very much on the high end, I'm betting it's causing them to lose some sales. I doubt very seriously that I will be willing to spend anywhere near $100 for a rubber(isoprene) strap anytime soon.
Thanks for your feedback.

Take a look at any of the reviews I have done. Some have been "glowing" as some like to put it, and others have negatives pointed out...like the Magrette review I did, stating I thought the price was high for the movement, or that the rubber strap was nowheres near the quality of the leather. Or the Deep Blue review, where I pointed out what a mess the bracelet and links were.

Ireview , based on my opinions and thoughts....thats whata review is. The Isofrane review here, does not have any negatives(except price), because I personally cant find any. Just like any other watch I review. If there arethings I dont like, or know others would not like, I point them out. Ifit is more positive, it is becuase I like the product and I dont personally feel there isanything wrong with it..Would it have been better if I lied, and said,I don't like something , would that have made it more credible???

Take a look at others posts in this thread....many others agree, as they own and have these straps....

I used to be the same way, saying it was crazy pricing, and its just rubber...well, its just one of those things, you have to see it, to know how good it is.

You are entitled to your opinion though, and I never expect anyone to agree with me , nor by something, just because of my review. You have to buy what you like, and what you feel is worth it, and nothing more. I can understand why you feel the price is not justified for a rubber strap, but after owning one, I dont see myself ever putting another rubber strap on a watch, besides these.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the review. I also thought the ISO was heck expensive. But after reading numerous review, unboxing and what not, I might have to take the plunge. I had always thought silicon was the way to go, maybe i'm wrong....LOL..Saving those pennies now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,558 Posts
imported post

I was the same way. Thought it was too much $$$. Took the plunge and got one - realized what they said about them are true. Best rubba strap out there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
imported post

MikeyShingles wrote:
I was the same way. Thought it was too much $$$. Took the plunge and got one - realized what they said about them are true. Best rubba strap out there.
Yep, just that good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,051 Posts
imported post

Hands down the best and you can get the 129.00 version for 99.00 do to stock availability as I ordered one today for my LumTec. In fact out of all the watches and other straps I have sold this is the only one I regret selling. ALso here is the link to order the 129.00 version for 99.00

http://isofrane.com/ordering_isofrane_strap.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
imported post

nice strap. but $100. tell me they couldint make it $60. ! and make a profit , its sort of funny, i just recived a dive strap this last week, by deep blue, also a very good diver strap, to go along with one of there very nice dive watches, for much less cash, oh well , dont know if theirs a point hear, or not.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,894 Posts
imported post

Great review Don! I totally agree with what you wrote. It is hands down the best rubber strap out.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,051 Posts
imported post

Great CS also. Ordered Saturday Afternoon Shipped Monday Am Fedex from Switzerland and will receive tomorrow.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
imported post

richc1958 wrote:
Great CS also. Ordered Saturday Afternoon Shipped Monday Am Fedex from Switzerland.
Yeah, they are on top of the ball with that. They ship lighting fast, and it only takes like 2 or 3 days to arrive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
imported post

its not your review , its the dam price ! it just plane cost to much, ya, it mite well be the best rubber strap in the world, but $100. im all about practiical,and things that feel good, but i think that isofrain profit / mark-up , is just to high ! its only rubber that came out of a mold, not a real expensive process, if ya think about it ! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
imported post

Blane x1 wrote:
its not your review , its the dam price ! it just plane cost to much, ya, it mite well be the best rubber strap in the world, but $100. im all about practiical,and things that feel good, but i think that isofrain profit / mark-up , is just to high ! its only rubber that came out of a mold, not a real expensive process, if ya think about it ! :eek:
There is no denying that. You are paying a price for a great rubber strap because they can charge it. This is mainly because of their history, quality, and exclusivity.

It probably cost $10 to manufacture the strap. If you find another manufacturer or vendor that will sell exactly the same spec,quality and feel of the isofrane rubber at a much cheaper price, please let me know and I will jump on it. In the meantime, I'll keep buying isofranes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,650 Posts
imported post

You can spend that much or more on a Di-Modell or Hadley-Roma leather strap.

So It's the quality that you pay for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,051 Posts
imported post

Also remember they are based in Austria and use the euro and they ship FedEx and you receive the strap in a matter of a few days so the price looks better all the time.
 
21 - 40 of 54 Posts
Top