19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Reviewer: Don aka Tattoo Chef

Strap being reviewed: Warhawk II
Strap was donated for review.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/diaboliq.straps

Email: [email protected]

Strap Description: Tan vintage leather. Strap is made from Italian Army messenger bags from the 60's. Very very soft and pliable.

Strap specifications
Width:24/24mm
Lenth: 130/80
Thickness: 4.2mm
Keepers: 1 extra large loose keeper
Stiffness: NONE!
Stitching: Ivory
Holes: round
Buckle: no buckle as provided(many buckles can be ordered though)

Price: Between $55-$60. Can be more depending on customization.

Packaging:
Diaboliq packages the strap very simply, in a brown paper gift wrap, tied with thread and with a leather tag with his Fleur di lis logo.

My Photos:

As you can see below, the back of the straps are signed with Diaboliq, and WF limited, and the Fluer di lis symbol again. The other side is signed with the strap model name.

Thoughts and Impressions:
Josip makes an excellent strap, especially for the price. All of Diaboliq straps are under the $100 mark, most well under it, with his highest usually being around $80 , depending on how custom you wanted it. This Warhawk II is super super soft and pliable right out of the wrapping. I have never had a strap this soft. Part of it is buttery smooth leather, and parts of it, like towards the holes are like suede, as it was where the mail bag this strap was made from , was worn in. He seems to make a lot of his straps with the angled cut on the non buckle side, which I like, as it gives it a distinctive look. The sides of this strap are raw, which add to the vintage character of the strap. Stitching is not absolutely perfect, but it is not bad either, and does give that handmade look. I also like how on this strap it has one huge keeper, as opposed to two small ones. I am very happy with this strap and know it will just get better and better with wear. If you are looking for an inexpensive but quality handmade strap, then Diaboliq is the way to go. Especially one like this. He has told me he still has some material left for these. If you want a super soft and buttery strap, grab one of these.

Note: Josip does not have a website, only Facebook.
His Facebook is open to everyone though and you do not need an account to view the page and look at his gallery. You can also email him and he will work with you and send you images of examples. And of course he can be contacted here on Watchfreeks through pm.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
imported post

VERY cool strap and review, Don. I have a couple Diaboliq straps on their way to me now. I did not see this in your review (sorry if I missed it) so I would like to add that Joe has also been outstanding to work with. First, he is obviously a very nice guy and a pleasure to communicate with. He also has an obvious passion for his work and really went out of his way to ensure that I was going to like what I find in the mail from him. That kind of attention is so rare nowadays and I wanted to note that here for anyone considering picking up a Diaboliq strap. Its a very cool part of the experienece, too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
imported post

I Have the Warhawk 1.. And also am very pleased with it.. really nice and soft, wears out of the box, like it has been on the wrist for weeks.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
imported post

Good Stuff Don!
I've bought 4 straps from him and I love each one of them, yo can tell you are wearing a hand made strap. Good quality, super prices and a great guy!
I love this leather you got, I would prefer it wihtout the boxes, less stitching is better for me on this kind of leather

·
Registered
238 Posts
imported post

Thanks guys.
I must say I'm not a fan of boxed stitching since it's not so "clean" as full (or double) stitching -- but there are strap/watch combos which look better that way.

Thank you Don for this review and I hope it will serve you well. Nothing better than satisfied customer.

My regards to you all,

Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts