·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Reviewer: UKWolfeman
Strap Being Reviewed: Avenger

donated for review

Company Website: http://www.bradystraps.com/Home_Page.php
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bradystrapscom/476247272443131?ref=ts&fref=ts
Email: [email protected]

Price: $28USD approximate

Thoughts and Impressions: I've been looking forward to checking out the Avenger strap from BradyStraps since reviewing the Original Sailcloth a few months back. My initial impression was super soft with outstanding flexibility. Apparently a small percentage of nitrile has been added to the composition resulting in the super soft feel. The strap measures 120/85mm in length. One of the key features of the length, as with all other BradyStraps, is sizing hole placement. I will continue to implore other strap makers to follow the same example. As I have previously mentioned I normally can wear nothing below 130/80mm, however, due to the sizing holes being placed closer to the tail of the strap the fit is absolutely perfect. The proximity of the sizing holes to each other also plays a key role in the fit. All strap makers should place sizing holes slightly closer together, as well as, to the tail. Providing more than 5 sizing holes unless directly differently by the buyer is ultra important as well. Also as I have previously mentioned a few mm and number of holes makes an incredible difference in wearability in many cases based on my past observations and discussions with other strap guys.

The strap for review also measures 22mm at the lug tapering to about 20mm at the buckle and approximately 4mm thick throughout. Two floating keepers are supplied which I believe is a must for any strap. The strap is outstanding in water and is as soft as it was at delivery. I have to confess the strap is much softer and more comfortable than my favorite dive strap from Isofrane. I also prefer the heavy duty buckle of the Avenger over the buckle on the Original Sailcloth strap. However, the strap isn't without flaw as with most silicon straps be prepared to wipe it down often as it does attract a fair amount of lint. I would also suggest making the same strap with no taper for those many strap enthusiast who prefer non-tapering. Thanks for reading and as always I look forward to your comments.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Very good review, thanks! I like your suggestion about tapering the end. Their website has a substantial offering of straps and the prices appear to be reasonable.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Looks pretty good, though the lint issue is the reason I don't plan on moving away from my Isofranes anytime soon. I have one of the sailcloth straps and love it. If the quality is on par with those, then they have another great product (for a very reasonable price as well).

Great review!

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
I generally avoid rubber and silicone straps. However, this one has a certain unique appeal to it. I'd love to try one out. I'm just not sure I want to purchase one to try it out. I might have to wait for a WatchFreek gathering to handle one in person and give it that once around the wrist to really make up my mind. Other that that it looks great and the price seems more than fair.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I generally avoid rubber and silicone straps. However, this one has a certain unique appeal to it. I'd love to try one out. I'm just not sure I want to purchase one to try it out. I might have to wait for a WatchFreek gathering to handle one in person and give it that once around the wrist to really make up my mind. Other that that it looks great and the price seems more than fair.

It is inexpensive enough to take gamble. I did find out today that the $28 is indeed an approximate price as Todd has not yet finalized the actual cost so it may be slightly higher. Still in the end it is one of the better silicon straps I've seen so far even at $30.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
It is inexpensive enough to take gamble. I did find out today that the $28 is indeed an approximate price as Todd has not yet finalized the actual cost so it may be slightly higher. Still in the end it is one of the better silicon straps I've seen so far even at $30.
I don't see this on their web site. When will it be posted? Will there be other colors?

·
Super Moderator
9,363 Posts
Outstanding review as always Mike ! :smileyface_hand_cla Sounds, and looks like an outstanding strap too honestly. ..That whole idea with the sizing holes is great by the way. It's cool that this one uses that, and is so comfortable because of it. Can imagine it fits ridiculously well, feeling like you don't even have anything on the wrist.

What's so nice is how it not only has excellent looks, but you get great quality also for such a nice price. :eek: I mean you are saying it rivals an Isofrane, and those are supposed to be really good right?! Sounds like a real winner sir. :thumb:

Thanks so much for the review. Awesome job !!! ..P.S. That mat you did, or do these reviews on is cool. Really sets off the straps !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts