Discussion Starter #1
imported post

46mm Titanium case.
Eta 2824 Top
Sapphire front and back
Bi-directional rotating and captive bezel
Superluminova on dial, hands and bezel
20 Bar pressure resistance

The watch will show at Basel , certification testing will start immediately after.

http://www.watchtime.net/blog/testaf/

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
imported post

I like that one a lot. Nice and subdued.

Any idea of what this one will retail for?

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
imported post

Caddymon wrote:
I like it too. Bezel lume would have been nice but a very sharp looking watch.
Agreed, some bezel lume would really set it over the top!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Caddymon wrote:
I like it too. Bezel lume would have been nice but a very sharp looking watch.
It said in description on the site I linked that bezel is lumed as well.

Ganson, no idea on price. I got the email from Stowa today, and I dont think price has been released yet.
Basel starts within the next few days, so after that maybe they will release the price.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

When you mention clean three hands this one will need to be at the top of the list. I kind of like it.....love the Ti.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
imported post

Wow! Loveeeeee the dial and the lume shot! This would be worth buying. Thanks for sharing Don.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
imported post

Tattoo Chef wrote:
Anybody else getting the Sinn U2 vibe?

Now that you mentioned it, the hands and the dial marks do.

·
Registered
618 Posts
imported post

Don: I got the Dievas vortex vibe, i.e. a watch with flieger hands and a 'diving' bezel.

But maybe that's because I'm more familiar with it.

Still the Stowa is a good looking watch :)

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

jeckyll wrote:
Don: I got the Dievas vortex vibe, i.e. a watch with flieger hands and a 'diving' bezel.

But maybe that's because I'm more familiar with it.

Still the Stowa is a good looking watch :)
Yep. I know the Dievas very well also.
But the markers and hands on the Stowa almost identical to the Sinn. But the watch actually looks alot different, so by now means a rip off.
I really like the look of this Stowa lot. Its been awhile since they put out a new design and think this one might be a winner.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
imported post

Tattoo Chef wrote:
andrema wrote:
the lug-to-lug is WAY too long at almost 55mm...
Well, its 46mm , so its way to much for your girl wrists to begin with....:lol
It states that the L2L is 54.5mm. If it was 52-53mm, this would be in the watch box. Dang....love the aesthetics of this one. Definately has the Sinn and Damasko DNA.

http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/Sinn-UX-EZM-2-B-SDR-Black-Bezel-GSG9-on-Strap-6p1399.htm

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/watches/damasko/da44

·
Registered
980 Posts
imported post

I own three Stowa watches (purchased new). The essence of quality, great service, and super team. I am sure this model is no exception, BUT I agree with Tattoo Chef. It will never work on my girly wrist!

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
imported post

Superaction1954 wrote:
I own three Stowa watches (purchased new). The essence of quality, great service, and super team. I am sure this model is no exception, BUT I agree with Tattoo Chef. It will never work on my girly wrist!
I agree. I own 4 right now - 2 Marine Originals, 1 Seatime and 1 Flieger Chronograph. I am a HUGE fan of Jorg's work too...BUT, this size is a HUGE departure from what the company has traditionally designed/built. IMO, it should have been made in the 42-44mm diameter range with a lug to lug around 50 - 52mm. That would have been a home run for many. I would have certainly purchased one!

In fact, the most common response to the news that I have heard (other than the comparison to other brand's models), was that it was too long.

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
imported post

andrema wrote:
Superaction1954 wrote:
I agree. I own 4 right now - 2 Marine Originals, 1 Seatime and 1 Flieger Chronograph. I am a HUGE fan of Jorg's work too...BUT, this size is a HUGE departure from what the company has traditionally designed/built. IMO, it should have been made in the 42-44mm diameter range with a lug to lug around 50 - 52mm. That would have been a home run for many. I would have certainly purchased one!

In fact, the most common response to the news that I have heard (other than the comparison to other brand's models), was that it was too long.

specs kill it for me and i've got gorilla wrists:lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts