Watch Freeks banner

Steinhart Ocean 44 ....

6K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  Brad 
#1 ·
After some amazing service from both Gnomon and UPS, my new Ocean 44 hit my door mat in just 2 days from Singapore to the UK! Gnomon even chucked in a freebie nato strap in Lotus green and yellow. Not really my style but still a nice touch.

Actually really impressed with the overall build quality. I know some people have experienced issues with dust on the dial under the sapphire, but I appear to have gotten lucky. The bezel alignment is ever so slightly off, but nothing I can't live with. It's a bit too early to comment on the accuracy, but it seems to be there or there abouts.

The only real negatives are that the lume isn't as bright or long lasting as I would have expected, but then I've been wearing my Sumo all week so the bar was set pretty high. The other thing is that although it's an Ocean 44, the case back says Ocean One. I get that it's probably a common case, but why not 'Ocean Series' or something similar? It just feels like they ran out of O44 backs and used what they had to hand.

I ended up picking up a 'Bond' style nato from Zuludiver in the UK which is a little longer at 295mm which allows me to comfortably tuck the end into the second keeper. This is my first watch on a nato and I have to say, I'm a fan! Extremely comfortable and light too.

Overall it really feels like a lot of watch for the money.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats on receiving your watch. That model is one of my favorites of all time and as just about everyone knows I have owned it and sold it three different times LOL.

That has always been the case back. Here is a picture of my case back from 2011 and the first time I owned that model.

Congrats again. That is a great great watch.

#5 ·
Congrats on your new Steinhart, looks good on the nato strap. Enjoy!

Reactions: Jams_123
#10 ·
I placed an order directly with Steinhart some time last year and ended up having to cancel and get a refund due to the above mentioned CS issues.

I'd written Steinhart off as a manufacturer after that, but people kept banging the drum about how great they were so I had to give them another chance when I saw the O44 back in stock. I totally see why people keep going back to them now.

#11 ·
Hard to find anything negative with this one it seems Jams. Fantastic ! :clapping-hands-abov Great how Steinhart gave this one that perfect sport meets tool watch theme. The beautiful black dial, and bezel are terrific, but then the stainless chapter ring add even more character. Great get Jams, and evidently great service too. Congratulations !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.