Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always liked looking wristshots of the Steinhart Pepsi GMT and the OVM but wasn't sure about spending that much on a watch I'm not sure I'd love.

I do have a green deficiency in my collection and couldn't resist the price on this brand new one from a great seller.
(Pictures from seller)

Then, as I googled more images after pulling the trigger, I get more excited for the arrival.

Then I saw this and I added contacting Steinhart about it to my "to-do list".

I wish it was a green ceramic bezel but I looked last night they have good prices for bezel inserts. Made me wanna get the OVM and the Pepsi (even if it's a 24hr bezel).
So many different bezel options, I was very impressed.

I'm really hoping I love it even if it's extremely similar to the Big R.

I'm glad to finally find out what the Steinhart hype is all about by Tuesday for a price I felt comfortable with and couldn't pass on.

What I was really after was a Seiko SRP637 and was about to pull trigger on one on the bay using my eBay bucks but I couldn't resist this price from a great seller on this one.

I'm sure it'll play a bit smaller than my beloved blue/vintage Raven Deep Tech but that's ok cus I love my tiny 41mm Seiko Monster even on my 8.25in wrist.

I know many freeks have multiple Steinhart's so that's always a good sign.

Can't wait !

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Very Nice Luis!! Green is Gorgeous. Big Congrats!!

Reactions: Luis Alfonso III

·
Registered
915 Posts
Congratulations!
Have the same one & love it
Enjoy

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
Looks like it will be extra impressive when it arrives Luis, and that bezel there, wow !!! :smileyface_hand_cla Has a more matte metallic style about it, and maybe looks like a little lighter green too. Stunning ! Big congrats there ahead of time Luis ! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Squale makes an all green (dial and bezel) with a domed crystal for about 500.00 with a 2824-2 movement.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks a lot everyone. I guess it's coming today but I
Gotta work at 3 so I may not be able to hold it before taking off. I live really close to work and sometimes I get my watches right as I am walking out.

Those green/green Squales look beautiful but right outside my size sweet spot. Really curious to try my first Steinhart. Would love my second one to be a Triton with black orange dial, but with SS bezel, one day.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took a few pictures before heading out.

Wearing my Frogman now at work but here are some pics.

Sadly, it's not for me. Just posted it for trade elsewhere. Really beautiful and well made but not a keeper. Bummer ! I was really hoping it was.

Reactions: #four

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does Steinhardt do refunds, Luis?
No clue, Nate. I got this from a great seller that you've dealt with before. A real
pleasure doing business with him.

I love everything about it but I think one sub homage is enough for me (for now), the Deep Tech. Definitely will not be trying to get the Pepsi GMT or OVM ever but I'm really impressed by the brand. I wonder if I would like the Ocean 44 a lot more than this 42mm.

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
Boy Luis, you're pictures make this one look even more beautiful here ! Yowza !!! :clapping-hands-abov What's great is how even though the green is so epic by itself, and really catches your eye. It also shines a light on the deep matte dial, and fantastic bezel edge. You really appreciate everything this watch has to offer, and the bezel is the green cherry on top. Congratulations Luis ! :)

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
No clue, Nate. I got this from a great seller that you've dealt with before. A real
pleasure doing business with him.

I love everything about it but I think one sub homage is enough for me (for now), the Deep Tech. Definitely will not be trying to get the Pepsi GMT or OVM ever but I'm really impressed by the brand. I wonder if I would like the Ocean 44 a lot more than this 42mm.
I had an Ocean44 and traded it for a Helson Tortuga. I should have just bought the Helson and kept both though. I liked the O44 a lot and thought it was an excellent watch and very easy to wear.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts