Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: g_jeffers

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Aspiring Expert
1,926 Posts
not sure why they have the 1969 in the title?
I'm not seeing the 1969 in the title, did they change it?

"STEELDIVE Mens Mechanical Watch 1200M Waterproof Diver Watch NH35 Sapphire Crystal Automatic Watches C3 Super Luminous Watches"

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not seeing the 1969 in the title, did they change it?

"STEELDIVE Mens Mechanical Watch 1200M Waterproof Diver Watch NH35 Sapphire Crystal Automatic Watches C3 Super Luminous Watches"
oh i see what your getting at, the only way to locate it on the website is to type in 1969 for some odd reason? i will change my post! the link takes you to the watch.

Reactions: Accutronitis

·
Super Moderator
12,506 Posts
Can see why you have been eying this one Dennis ! :D The look is
right on, and the details with the case, bezel, as well as dial are out of
this world awesome it seems. 👀:cool: Heck even the bracelet looks to
be great sir. And although haven't been fortunate enough to see one,
or have one in the collection. There's no doubt it looks incredibly nice
just from the pictures, and videos. 😮(y)

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Long Time Member
360 Posts
[mention]db1561 [/mention] have you looked at Ocean7?
I picked one up during a recent sale.
More $$, but Swiss movement, titanium case and quick change bezel system. Comes with an extra bezel.
These are NÓS, once gone they’re gone.

·
Long Time Member
110 Posts
I would like to see the actual depth certification on these. 120 Bar for 350 bucks?! C'mon!

I have the Ocean7 as well, in the blue and kinda love it. Third best thing to the Omega and then the Helson!

·
Watch Freek
856 Posts
It's the type of watch that appeals to me because it is a bit different, then I would end up flipping it a few weeks later

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[mention]db1561 [/mention] have you looked at Ocean7?
I picked one up during a recent sale.
More $$, but Swiss movement, titanium case and quick change bezel system. Comes with an extra bezel.
These are NÓS, once gone they’re gone.

Almost 3 times the cost... if I'm buying a "homage" it's gonna be cost friendly!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: forzaferrari

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would like to see the actual depth certification on these. 120 Bar for 350 bucks?! C'mon!

I have the Ocean7 as well, in the blue and kinda love it. Third best thing to the Omega and then the Helson!

Yeah, I don't think it would be 120 bar, nor do I need it to be, as long as it's good to 12 foot deep or so I'm good! their probably trying to keep the dial as close to the original with the lettering...

·
Long Time Member
360 Posts
Almost 3 times the cost... if I'm buying a "homage" it's gonna be cost friendly!

I got it for 2x the Chinese cost.
Value is subjective, but I think the “you get what you pay” saying is true in this case.

Titanium + ETA movement + extra bezel was worth the premium for me.
Plus, I like the brand from way back.
And, of course, better quality over all, I reckon.

But, hey I was tempted by those San Martins too. Not bad for the price. Almost pulled the trigger on this guy.
You may want to check out recent posts from Chazman regarding the PT5000 movement.

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Value is subjective, but I think the “you get what you pay” saying is true in this case.

But, hey I was tempted by those San Martins too. Not bad for the price. Almost pulled the trigger on this guy.
You may want to check out recent posts from Chazman regarding the PT5000 movement.

It's not the SM Verizon, I got the SteelDive version.. it has a NH35A movement, had a real issue paying over 200 for a watch with this movement, but it really resembles the original (See pic) IMO so I grabbed it!

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I found one pushing towards 3-times more...

·
Oris Freek
3,523 Posts

Buy what you like, like what you buy. I'm so happy that it has a reliable robust NH35 in it. Perfect for this watch. Not the infamous is it a PT5000 ?, is it not a PT5000 ? You would be correct that the Steeldive also resembles the Omega much more than the Ocean 7. It was like Ocean 7 set off to make their own version of the watch. Not an homage to it. I think you made a good choice for good money. Congrats... Now comes the wait.:):cool:(y)

·
Long Time Member
360 Posts
I found one pushing towards 3-times more...

Cheaper brand new directly from Ocean7!
$600 for the titanium, $524 for steel!

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Cheaper brand new directly from Ocean7!
$600 for the titanium, $524 for steel!

Don't get me wrong I love the titanium aspect, and the movement is nice, but 3 things I can't seem to get past is the bezel unlock pusher, the crown guard and the white date window.. the Steeldive although not as expensive seems to capture the essence of the original in my opinion that is what drew me to it.

·
Long Time Member
360 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts