24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about this watch?

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spaceview:
That thing is hideous, Gives me a head ache to view it.
Yuck!!!

Lou Snutt
I don't like it! But I was interested in reading or learning about it. I've seen a lot of Steampunk stuff around recently and it is interesting. I assume much is hand made, one of a kind, types of things. I was just curious about this, nothing more.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Spaceview:
With a little "Franken" also included?
Could'a Would'a Should'a? If this thing
were 52mm we could blame it on Invicta
designers, er maybe Eyal?

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Would I wear it? Probably not. Is it really neat? Yes, absolutely. The creativity that comes from the steampunk designers deserves a lot of respect in my opinion.

·
Registered
693 Posts
That watch should be added to the 'fugly' thread.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The tubes probably just have to light up, which could be done with LEDs which don't require too much energy. I really doubt if this thing is running those two tubes.
I for one think this is a pretty cool piece. I would probably wear it in the right setting, like onstage, but not to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
A quick search revealed this is called the Tesla watch, available at think geek. The tubes light up via LED so they are not real tubes the crazy is $69.95

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
A quick search revealed this is called the Tesla watch, available at think geek. The tubes light up via LED so they are not real tubes the crazy is $69.95

I knew I have seen this somewhere! Think Geek has a lot of cool/fun stuff.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thank God! Now we don't have to find a watchmaker with a tube - tester to get it serviced. :cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts