Watch Freeks banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hesitant to put this post up because I'm new to this forum and didn't know if it's been discussed before, but I discovered a pretty awesome, and easy to use product to remove those minor surface scratches on polished stainless steel. I just finished using it myself this morning with pretty good results. Now, this will not take care if deeper nicks or scratches. Just surface scratches. I actually found this product through a Google search and there is a you tube video of a guy using it on the bracelet of his Omega. I used it on the Bezel of my Oris.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Yep, great product for use on polished SS. Be careful around the crown. Try not to get any of the product inside the watch. I normally only use it on the bracelets. Don't forget you can use the green Scotch-Brite pads on the brushed SS.

Reactions: desk_diver

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Cape Cod cloths are the best, love them.

Between them and scotch brite pads for brushed surfaces, you can make most watch cases and bracelets look like new.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I figured most have heard about it. I myself just found out about it today and have been a long time watch enthusiast. If it helps one more person than the post was worth it. haha :smile-thumb2:

·
Super Moderator
14,679 Posts
Actually haven't used these Sapphire, but have heard only great things from everyone just like you guys are saying. :thumb: Both them, and the Scotch Brite sound like real miracle workers ! :smileyface_hand_cla

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yup, they actually have a nice website and a new product "Cap Cod Cloths in a Tin".

http://www.capecodpolish.com/

They work very well and while you can seal up the cloths in the plastic bag pretty easily I think the tin would be easier to work out of.

I also use Eagle One Nev-r-dull which works especially well on bronze and brass to remove patina and oxidation.

For something a little more aggressive look for a product called "Stahlfix" (German for Steel Fix). Works EXTEMELY WELL on polished stainless surfaces and will remove scratches a little more aggressively than Cap Cods.

Never be afraid to share products and tricks you find to work well ;) . There are always new people here like yourself who sometimes don't even realize they need something until it ends up on the top of the post pile.

·
Long Time Member
992 Posts
I concur...awesome for cleaning up a piece. Used on many watches with good results!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts