Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Very nice indeed! Great dial/bezel combo. I would love to see it on mesh, these bracelets are becoming a favourite of mine lately. This case shape has been used by several manufacturers in the Seventies, like on the Breil Manta. As my information is correct all the cases were made by the same factory back in the day and the individual watch manufacturers used it to build their own watches with it.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice indeed! Great dial/bezel combo. I would love to see it on mesh, these bracelets are becoming a favourite of mine lately. This case shape has been used by several manufacturers in the Seventies, like on the Breil Manta. As my information is correct all the cases were made by the same factory back in the day and the individual watch manufacturers used it to build their own watches with it.
Yes, from what I’ve read they were a case manufacturer, including for sever very high end brands. I am unsure how related to the old company they are though, because, from what I read, the shop was closed at some point. Either way, great watch.

Per the bracelet, it does look good in it, but the strap looks better to me. I will post a bracelet shot a little later.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Yes, from what I’ve read they were a case manufacturer, including for sever very high end brands. I am unsure how related to the old company they are though, because, from what I read, the shop was closed at some point. Either way, great watch.

Per the bracelet, it does look good in it, but the strap looks better to me. I will post a bracelet shot a little later.

Blue ISOfrane, oh yes! :D

·
Super Moderator
8,942 Posts
Beautiful watch TT ! :clapping-hands-abov

Thought that this maybe looked new in WURW yesterday. :eek:

Holy cow, Squale really does make some unbelievably nice watches to be
honest. Not only do these have a classic dive look, but things are actually
kicked up modern wise with the bezel colors, and just that blue in general ! :cool:

Looks like water, or ice, and is terrific. Huge congrats there TT !!!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Congrats and enjoy your bella Italian watch. :thumb:
I don't know where the idea that Squale Watches were Italian came from?

The Von Buren family who started making Squale watch cases for Blancpain and others hardly is an Italian name, and the current Squale manufacturing plant is in Jura Switzerland which is French is the spoken language. The current owners of Squale are Italians, the Maggi family, but never have Squale been manufactured in Italy or had any Italian designs in their watches that I know of.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I don't know where the idea that Squale Watches were Italian came from?

The Von Buren family who started making Squale watch cases for Blancpain and others hardly is an Italian name, and the current Squale manufacturing plant is in Jura Switzerland which is French is the spoken language. The current owners of Squale are Italians, the Maggi family, but never have Squale been manufactured in Italy or had any Italian designs in their watches that I know of.

Key part of your comment, "that you know of". Don't hate. Appreciate, that you own an Italian Swiss made watch. Deal with it. ;)

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Key part of your comment, "that you know of". Don't hate. Appreciate, that you own an Italian Swiss made watch. Deal with it. ;)
Jura Switzerland isn't the Italian Canton, and Charles von Büren isn't Italian.

Just because some Italians bought the company in 2010, it doesn't make it an Italian made watch!

So unless somehow Guido the janitor there is involved in the manufacture, I don't know how this could be called an Italian Watch??

Using your logic I guess Eterna and Corum watches could now be called Chinese watches since the Chinese own the parent company!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts