• Steinhart OVM

Votes: 3 21.4%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watch Battle! Squale Milsub vs. Steinhart OVM

I loved the look of the Steinhart OVM and ordered one, unfortunately when it arrived it was the new model with the faded gray dial that when looked at seemed unfocused and had a halo effect around the dial.
I immediately flipped it, but unfortunately I am not tempted to pay the extra to get the older model which is now selling used at premium prices.

The main differences between these models is the date feature on the Squale and it’s smaller 40mm size, has anyone owned both of these watches and can give a comparison in fit, finish, and quality?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
hey CHAZ,

i think you have owned more grails than me...but...my 2 C

i owned the STEINNY OV & OVM

i had the TRUE BLACK OVM and flipped it to CHASE...it was a nice watch and a good rollie homage...

i concur i do not like the murky new gray dial iteration ( it was weird IMHO how this pantone was switched up by STEINNY without so much as a by your leave and with NO VALUE ADDED IMHO )-

i also owned the OV which fared better IMHO in the gray dial with " old radium"...i flipped that cherry-mummy to STEWIE for GLYCINE MIL SUB GOLDEN EYE

short story long

my taste has been going classic size-less is more-35 is the new 40-

i favor the romanticism and history of the VON BUREN case and story and the more wearable size of the SQUALE...so if i was going to do a rollie homage i would lean towards the finer, subtle lines of italian design present in the SQUALE-

ALL THAT SAID i have kept my STEINNY BLUE SMURF because it is just so darn purty electric blue-

good hunting !

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I voted Squale simply because I don't like the new grey dial on the Steinny.

If the Steinny still had the black dial, it could have gone either way.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
The Squale just has a sharper crisper look to it...at least to my eyes

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Squale for two reasons: 1 - date complication. I like to see the date. 2 - Though I really like the grey dial on the Steinhart, that halo effect would drive me nutty!

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Going to go the other way from the majority here. I dig the gray dial. Probably would wear it with a slate nato or Zulu strap. Like the hands better on the Steiny because the seconds hand is easier to see and so it gets my vote.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts