Watch Freeks banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,692 Posts
Springboks win the 2nd test against the British Lions 27-9 to level the series at 1-1. Next week the decider.
Go Bokke!

·
Super Moderator
4,692 Posts
Springboks (SA) win a bruising 3rd Test to clinch the series against the British & Irish Lions. Guts & glory and still No 1 in the world

·
Super Moderator
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Fantastic Steve ! (y)(y)😀 See, that wishing good luck thing really works.😄

A GIANT congrats to you, and everyone there !!! :);)

·
Super Moderator
4,692 Posts
Springboks (SA) dominant over the Pumas (Argentina) with a 32-12 victory today in the Rugby Championship.

·
Super Moderator
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Oh nice sir ! 😮:D

So are they the champs now, or is there another game to be played?

·
Super Moderator
4,692 Posts
Oh nice sir ! 😮:D

So are they the champs now, or is there another game to be played?
Boks are still world champions. Won it it 2019 - next World Cup 2023 like most other large sporting events.

This is the start of the annual Rugby Championship tournament between SA, Argentina, Australia and NZ - where the real men play :)

·
Super Moderator
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Boks are still world champions. Won it it 2019 - next World Cup 2023 like most other large sporting events.

This is the start of the annual Rugby Championship tournament between SA, Argentina, Australia and NZ - where the real men play :)
Oh o.k. so this is the beginning of the tournament then.
I get it. (y) Well congratulations on the win, and please
keep us updated sir ! 🙂😉

·
Super Moderator
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Awesome Steve ! 😎(y)(y) A HUGE congratulations !!!

It’s incredible how those guys warp around the track like
that. Not to mention hug the asphalt, and everything. 😮
It’s like they are superheroes. But at the very least superior
drivers, as well as athletes. ..It’s crazy cool !

·
2,909 Posts
Well my (NFL) team is the Seattle Seahawks and they just signed Jamal Adams to a 4 year deal which makes him the highest paid safety in league history (for now). Reportedly up to $72 million with incentives. It’s not my money and our GM is usually salary cap savvy, so I’m pleased and relieved the deal got done. This guy is only 26 years old and he's impactful and disruptive on nearly every defensive play.

·
Super Moderator
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Cool Eric, and he is young too like you said, so hopefully
he will help the team go for a championship for years ! (y):)

·
Registered
515 Posts
I’ve banned NFL and NBA over the constant distractions from the actual sports.

I was always a University of Kentucky basketball fan because I grew up there, but cannot stand the coach so I don’t follow it at all.

However, I’m moving to the hometown of the University of Tennessee soon and will be going to their home basketball games, as well as a few football games when interesting teams come to town. I’m a Rick Barnes (UT BBall coach) fan so it will be nice rooting for his team.

·
Super Moderator
4,692 Posts
Well my (NFL) team is the Seattle Seahawks and they just signed Jamal Adams to a 4 year deal which makes him the highest paid safety in league history (for now). Reportedly up to $72 million with incentives. It’s not my money and our GM is usually salary cap savvy, so I’m pleased and relieved the deal got done. This guy is only 26 years old and he's impactful and disruptive on nearly every defensive play.
That is just ridiculous money. However, if that's the deal, I say good luck to him

·
2,909 Posts
That is just ridiculous money. However, if that's the deal, I say good luck to him
There’ll definitely be a lot of fan backlash over the money. But by comparison, the quarterback makes $35 million a year, far more important position but absurd money. Ridiculous money has become the norm for star athletes in all our major sports. It has turned even the hard core fans off.

·
Super Moderator
4,692 Posts
Rectangle Triangle Font Material property Circle
Rectangle Font Gas Electric blue Circle

26 - 28
Poor discipline cost SA the game and probably handed the Championship to NZ

21 - 40 of 40 Posts