Watch Freeks banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Since JP mentioned a killer steakhouse, I was considering taking my wife to Flemming's on Valentine's weekend. Has anyone here indulged and what do you think?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I think I have been to every steakhouse, lol

Flemmings is pretty good and one of the better chains in my opinion.

For chains Ruth Chris and Sullivan's are the tops IMHO, but Flemmings is also VERY GOOD.

Personally one of the most fun times I have had a steak or "meat" place was a very cool place in San Diego called The Strip Club (Gaslamp Strip Club). It is a 21 and up steak place where you literally grill your own meat. You order and they bring you out a slab of beef and there are big indoor grills all over the facility that you get up and go grill your meat the way you want it. Everyone talks and laughs while cooling. Incredible atmosphere and decor in the restaurant. Great drinks. ALWAYS PACKED. Genius and A LOT of fun, especially for couples.

You will like Flemmings. They do a good job and consistent from store to store IMO.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks for the input James. There are couple of places that I'm considering. Another will be Ruth's, where I've never been, and the other is a place called Donovan's Chop House. I've heard that Morton's is a bit overrated and priced for the experience.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Thanks for the input James. There are couple of places that I'm considering. Another will be Ruth's, where I've never been, and the other is a place called Donovan's Chop House. I've heard that Morton's is a bit overrated and priced for the experience.
Mortons is good, but more history then quality in my opinion compared to the other ones. If you are going to go to a chain restaurant, and have never been to Ruth's, then go there!

Anther steak house I REALLY love is in New Orleans and is called d%@#ie Brennan's Steak house in the French Quarter. Amazing history and great steaks!

www. di ck iebrennansteakhouse.com (take out the spaces)

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Tuna if you decide to go to Ruth's I have to tell you, you will not be disappointed. I have been to all the top notch steak houses in NYC and Ruth's in my opinion and people I know is the best. The steak comes out on a 500 degree plate and stays hot the whole time your eating it. I never been to that place James was speaking about and I am sure it is great also. Morton's is really not that good to be honest. The only thing cool is they bring out the steaks raw on a wagon to show you what they look like before they cook it. Either way you got great advice from James and I and let us know what you decide...Enjoy...

·
Registered
837 Posts
imported post

Locally owned place here in town, JT's Steak and Fish House. Kona tenderloin, tenderloin hand rubbed with fresh ground kona coffee w/ a Kahlua(sp) glaze, mouth is watering just thinking about it, lol.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I'm a big fan of 'The Palm'. There are several around the country.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

If you ever wondered why the steaks from a steakhouse taste so good.

It has a lot to with how they season them. For out on the grill at home try to find this stuff from Williams-Sonoma.

Brush on some Spanish Olive oil and apply just before grilling, this steak rub creates a light crust that's sure to make your mouth water. Finely ground dark-roasted espresso beans, smoky chipotle peppers, premium herbs and spices, and a touch of brown sugar infuse the rub with real fireside flavor – and bring out your steak’s savory best.

Mmmmmm......Mm Yummy!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

My dad was a cattle buyer and I grew up in the midwest and I love me some steak! I personally think Ruth's Chris is a notch below Morton's, but various locations may be a little different. In Charlotte NC it's pretty good IMHO. The crab cakes are awesome...

Last week I had a NY Strip at Pappas Brother's in Dallas (they are the big dog out of Houston). It was good, but I still like Morton's better. I like Bob's Chop House for a local place in Big D, but I'm old school...

Ask CJ about the Metropolitan Grill in Seattle. I had the best steak OF MY ENTIRE LIFE there.

If you are ever in town, you gotta try it.

·
Registered
837 Posts
imported post

toecutter wrote:

It has a lot to with how they season them. For out on the grill at home try to find this stuff from Williams-Sonoma.

Brush on some Spanish Olive oil and apply just before grilling, this steak rub creates a light crust that's sure to make your mouth water. Finely ground dark-roasted espresso beans, smoky chipotle peppers, premium herbs and spices, and a touch of brown sugar infuse the rub with real fireside flavor – and bring out your steak’s savory best.

Mmmmmm......Mm Yummy!
Gotta find me some of that for grilling season, sounds yummy.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
I think I have been to every steakhouse, lol

Flemmings is pretty good and one of the better chains in my opinion.

For chains Ruth Chris and Sullivan's are the tops IMHO, but Flemmings is also VERY GOOD.

Personally one of the most fun times I have had a steak or "meat" place was a very cool place in San Diego called The Strip Club (Gaslamp Strip Club). It is a 21 and up steak place where you literally grill your own meat. You order and they bring you out a slab of beef and there are big indoor grills all over the facility that you get up and go grill your meat the way you want it. Everyone talks and laughs while cooling. Incredible atmosphere and decor in the restaurant. Great drinks. ALWAYS PACKED. Genius and A LOT of fun, especially for couples.

You will like Flemmings. They do a good job and consistent from store to store IMO.
Gotta agree with James on Flemmings, but Ruth Chris.......... not so much. Overpriced and lack of quality/service really turned me off.... big time. Once was enough for me.

Now in Raleigh............ The Angus Barn?? Second to none. Expensive, but second to none! Except when Linda cooks me a good steak. Now that........ is really good!!!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I was going to mention the Angus Barn, but no one outside of our area would know what we are talking about, lol

Historic venue - does over 30 million a year in sales - amazing place. packed literally every single night (we had over an hour wait on a Monday a month ago)
http://www.angusbarn.com/index.htm

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
I was going to mention the Angus Barn, but no one outside of our area would know what we are talking about, lol

Historic venue - does over 30 million a year in sales - amazing place. packed literally every single night (we had over an hour wait on a Monday a month ago)
http://www.angusbarn.com/index.htm
We should make a date to take the wives there when I return home (whenever that is, LOL). LOL, Linda definately deserves it for putting up with me in one room for damn near a month!!!

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I am not a huge Steak fan, but Gina makes a mean Dry-Rub Ribeye on the Grill!

Yeah I said Dry-Rub LOL
LMAO Bro, but I'm gonna be good here. Anyone that hack squats 1250? Ain't no one to f___k with!!! But try a little olive oil........ it helps. :%:%:%

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Now thats funny!!! \l/

arnie11 wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
I am not a huge Steak fan, but Gina makes a mean Dry-Rub Ribeye on the Grill!

Yeah I said Dry-Rub LOL
LMAO Bro, but I'm gonna be good here. Anyone that hack squats 1250? Ain't no one to f___k with!!! But try a little olive oil........ it helps. :%:%:%

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

toecutter wrote:

Mmmmmm......Mm Yummy!
I know what we're having this weekend!

Yum, Yum... Gimmie Some! :b

·
Registered
185 Posts
imported post

Morton's in Boston was outstanding in a recent visit.

I was in Morton's in Charlotte a few years ago but can't say how it would be now. It was awesome then because it was a once-a-week expense account visit

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.