Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a bunch of WTB/ISO/WTTF threads looking for a Manta Ray since March of 2014 and missing out on a handful good deals, I decide to PM Carlos of Prometheus about the possibility of him having one laying around. He immediately replied he didn't but he'd double check. I told him I'd be happy to get one that had scratches and whatever.

A few days later my 1st Prometheus, a brand new 4yr old Manta Ray.

He even threw in a few extra links because I told him I had a huge 8.25+ wrist and I know have 2 more Borealis straps to play with.

This Manta Ray was created 2 years before the awesome first Kalmars with the help same engineer that did those. The bracelet links are reversible just like the H2O bracelet has. So far I have no desire to put a steal on it but we'll see.

I'm a real sucker for 4 o'clock crowns and this one is absolutely perfect to my eyes. I wouldn't change a thing. Only 300 ever made but I would've wanted one even if they made 300,000. I don't care for Limited Edition factors.

Then I also got this LM-1 and I'm loving the cold carbon case. It's like a perfect in between SS and DLC. Kinda like raw Ti but more a bit scratch resistant than SS. Absolutely stunning to me. Huge but not too huge for my wrist. Wears super comfortable. At first I thought I'd probably flip it quickly but I wanted to "sample" the cold carbon and the brand.

On Isofrane

Really love the little dome it has

On Kastantona canvas

On nice leather Zulu from mylocaltime on eBay

Love the sandwich style dial

Decent lume

There's my crown :)

Not a fan of the fit of the O7 rubber. It's nothing like the Boralis or Isofrane feel and softness.

I wouldn't change a thing about the Manta Ray but I do wish the LM-1 was 2mm smaller.

Can't wait to try out a bronze Poseidon in a couple days.

Thanks for viewing !

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes you just gotta ask nicely :)

Thanks a lot, Roarry! It was worth the almost 2 year wait of getting one. There will be more made with Asian movements and bezel options in 2017. This watch was ahead of its time, IMO. Glad they're gonna make more for our community.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Awesome Manta Ray Luis!! I owned one at one time and it is just fabulous. Congrats!!! Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Luis Alfonso III

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome Manta Ray Luis!! I owned one at one time and it is just fabulous. Congrats!!! Enjoy!!

Thanks a lot ! This was worth the wait but I definitely would've loved to get the one you flipped then and avoid the Manta Rayless days ! :)

What color dial ?

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Thanks a lot ! This was worth the wait but I definitely would've loved to get the one you flipped then and avoid the Manta Rayless days ! :)

What color dial ?

It was orange. Looked killer with the black bezel

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was orange. Looked killer with the black bezel

Timing is everything. I posted this in March of 2014 :)

So my buddy offered that orange one months after but by then I had like 6 orange dials or it would've been my first Prometheus.

Reactions: #four

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Timing is everything. I posted this in March of 2014 :)

So my buddy offered that orange one months after but by then I had like 6 orange dials or it would've been my first Prometheus.

You'll love this one just as well. Pop that black bezel on her and prepare yourself to be wowed

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nice PUs & pix

confirmed case of chronic tool virus-

Confirmed ! I wish it wasn't so bad lol Thank you !

Decided to try a non tool piece with that Ancon Grand Prix but it wasn't for me.

Reactions: scotty

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Nice, very nice!

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks a lot, everyone ! I appreciate the kind words.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congratulations. Boy, that looks like a pretty chunky and heavy watch. Pretty neat though.

Thanks a lot ! They definitely don't feel heavy but I'm a guy that used to be addicted to 47-52mm pieces so nothing seems to heavy now :)

Chunky, oh yeah. Nothing slim here.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts