Watch Freeks banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I usually don't care for chronographs, they're kinda busy and I don't typically use their added functionality anyway.

In fact I tend to stick to dive watches with black dials. So naturally, I've ordered this colorful Nezumi Corbeau mil-spec style chronograph:

They offer it with Nato straps only, black, grey and "burnt gold". I own zero burnt gold straps so I chose that.
Inside the 40mm case is Seiko's VK63 "mecha-quartz" movement.
I like chronographs, I rate Corgeut watches quite highly, I think the VK63 is a great movement, and I like the colour of the dial. There is just something wrong with the watch, but I can't put my finger on it. If it is of any interest, here are my favourite two chronos, the Rotary les Originales Legacy with a Ronda movement, and my Seagull 1963 mechanical chrono

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I like chronographs, I rate Corgeut watches quite highly, I think the VK63 is a great movement, and I like the colour of the dial. There is just something wrong with the watch, but I can't put my finger on it. If it is of any interest, here are my favourite two chronos, the Rotary les Originales Legacy with a Ronda movement, and my Seagull 1963 mechanical chrono

I hear you on the VK63. I also had it in this Geckota:

The Nezumi has more colors going on than perhaps you (or maybe I) can handle?

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
I like chronographs for nostalgic sentiments but not enough to own them in abundance, I have but two. In my early youth (oh boy, here he goes again :)), chronographs were at the top of the mountain when it came to watches. And the now defunct Sicura (no, not Breitling Sicura :mad:) had many of them at very affordable prices. But I hardly ever use any of the stopwatch functionality of my chronographs, I wear them because they look 'cool' ;)

Reactions: rh747m

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I do like those Seagull 1963s. But again, I flip virtually every chronograph I buy. That's why my next watch is an overly color-packed Nezumi chrono. :D

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
I do like those Seagull 1963s. But again, I flip virtually every chronograph I buy. That's why my next watch is an overly color-packed Nezumi chrono. :D
The Seagull is labelled a 'pilot chronograph' and 1963 was just after the start of the military jet age. Ever tried to work those small pushers wearing gloves? :D So I guess them pilots hardly used the stopwatch.......

Reactions: rh747m

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The Seagull is labelled a 'pilot chronograph' and 1963 was just after the start of the military jet age. Ever tried to work those small pushers wearing gloves? :D So I guess them pilots hardly used the stopwatch.......
I keep a box of skin-tight medical nitrile gloves for this purpose. I'm always timing things around the house. ;-)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
thats actually very nice combo, if you were to describe it i would say hell no! but laying eyes on it, it works very nice..Conrats! 👍👍👍

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks - I thought it was a little out there at first, but inexplicably changed my tune. On a black Nato it's less of a color overload:

Looks great on the black nato!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
The Nezumi arrived last night. Some quick pictures:

Interesting, a sort of mission statement caseback

Height/thickness is quite reasonable even with nato raising things a bit.

EDIT: Yes, I'll peel the little blue dealies off the pushers

·
Registered
385 Posts
Nice looking watch!! Congratulations!!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks - It looks exactly as advertised and I'm so far digging it. I ordered a tropic strap from Uncle Seiko I feel might be a great match. The color of the nato is fine with me, but it's too short.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The Nezumi arrived last night. Some quick pictures:

Interesting, a sort of mission statement caseback

Height/thickness is quite reasonable even with nato raising things a bit.

EDIT: Yes, I'll peel the little blue dealies off the pushers
What is the WR rating of the watch? Is it your first Nezumi? Does it have a high quality "feel" to it? I'm still considering the Baleine diver when they stock them in the fall.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
What is the WR rating of the watch? Is it your first Nezumi? Does it have a high quality "feel" to it? I'm still considering the Baleine diver when they stock them in the fall.
The Corbeau is 50m WR and yes it's my first Nezumi. It is impeccably finished and feels high end in every way. It came in a slim cardboard box with cool graphics I'll post later, then the usual papers/warranty and plastic film front and back of case.

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
Ooh boy, had missed when this came in Eric ! 👀🤯

Just is spectacular from here, and seems as if is perfect in every
way from this side of the screen. 😀😮I mean the blending of all
the cool design elements, and colors is out of this world cool sir !!!
It looks like some vintage limited edition that was extremely rare
years ago, or was at the very least, just eye-catching, and different.
Just the fit, and finish leaves you, or us in awe too. 😲 You have to
love it Eric, and be on cloud 9 there sir !

Yeah, just the case-back is unbelievable really, and it fits like a
glove. HUGE congrats there Eric !!!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Ooh boy, had missed when this came in Eric ! 👀🤯

Just is spectacular from here, and seems as if is perfect in every
way from this side of the screen. 😀😮I mean the blending of all
the cool design elements, and colors is out of this world cool sir !!!
It looks like some vintage limited edition that was extremely rare
years ago, or was at the very least, just eye-catching, and different.
Just the fit, and finish leaves you, or us in awe too. 😲 You have to
love it Eric, and be on cloud 9 there sir !

Yeah, just the case-back is unbelievable really, and it fits like a
glove. HUGE congrats there Eric !!!
Thanks Tom. Yes I'm very pleased and it has me eyeing other Nezumi offerings. Here's the rather cheap box, reminds me of pencil boxes I had in grade school. But I do like those graphics.

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
Thanks Tom. Yes I'm very pleased and it has me eyeing other Nezumi offerings. Here's the rather cheap box, reminds me of pencil boxes I had in grade school. But I do like those graphics.

My pleasure Eric, and can see why you might be wanting
another Nezumi by the way ! 😉 The watch is stunning to
tell you the truth, and yeah, love the packaging actually. 😀😲
Very retro, as well as unbelievably cool !!

Keep on enjoying sir !!!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
On my own black nato, which is a rather thick strap but the watch is slim for a chronograph, thanks to the Seiko VK64 movement.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts