Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I usually don't care for chronographs, they're kinda busy and I don't typically use their added functionality anyway.

In fact I tend to stick to dive watches with black dials. So naturally, I've ordered this colorful Nezumi Corbeau mil-spec style chronograph:

They offer it with Nato straps only, black, grey and "burnt gold". I own zero burnt gold straps so I chose that.
Inside the 40mm case is Seiko's VK63 "mecha-quartz" movement.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I usually don't care for chronographs, they're kinda busy and I don't typically use their added functionality anyway.

In fact I tend to stick to dive watches with black dials. So naturally, I've ordered this colorful Nezumi Corbeaux mil-spec style chronograph:

They offer it with Nato straps only, black, grey and "burnt gold". I own zero burnt gold straps so I chose that.
I don't care for chronographs either but I must say I like the color of that dial. You mention you like divers with black dials. Have you looked at or purchased Nezumi's Baleine Diver? I have my eye in that one. Last time I checked they had none in stock. Congrats on your purchase!

Reactions: enricosonic

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't care for chronographs either but I must say I like the color of that dial. You mention you like divers with black dials. Have you looked at or purchased Nezumi's Baleine Diver? I have my eye in that one. Last time I checked they had none in stock. Congrats on your purchase!
Oh yeah, I've eyed the Baleine diver for quite awhile along with a couple of other Nezumi designs. What can I say, perhaps I've hit my limit on black dive watches? (Probably not).

Now I wait. I wonder if any other WFs have purchased from Nezumi, and how long a wait I'm looking at?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I sent a note to Nezumi asking them for an update on the Baleine Diver. I'll let you know what they say. I like it because it really stands out in the endless sea of divers with black dials......and I don't have a Swedish watch in my collection!! (y):)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nice choice, that would my pick too.
747- I hadn't seen a Baleine, I'm curious what Nezumi will reply; I love a brushed finish.
I'll keep you guys in the loop. Hope to hear back from them soon.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
I like some Chronographs for their looks, but my actual use of their functions is.......Never!

·
Registered
4,771 Posts

In fact I tend to stick to dive watches with black dials. So naturally, I've ordered this colorful Nezumi Corbeaux mil-spec style chronograph:

I like the legible hands, some Chronographs have the hands disappear into the subdials, my Breitling is one of them like that when the hands get into the white subdials, they get lost. With the colors of the sub-dials on yours, the hands won't get lost!

Breit by Charles Ford, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
9,953 Posts
Well at least your flexible Eric, and this chronograph, much like Chaz's
Breitling IS extra exceptional ! 😵😮Actually the watch in any combo
of colors would be neat, but this one with just the green is sensational ! 🤯
Yowza, and the colorful sub-dial is the cherry on top. With it really giving
you a sporty, and funky vintage vibe. 😎..Hey, and maybe the beautiful
Nato is the icing on the cake ! 😃

It will be fantastic, and also fantastic to hear what you think. A GIANT
congrats 2 U ahead of time Eric !!!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Well done on a nice buy there Eric. A lovely looking watch with a nice choice of dial colours and a strap which should wear comfortably. Can see it lending itself to other strap/bracelet combo's too. By most accounts that's also a good reliable movement and should serve you well.

Probably safe to say that most of us who own chronos don't really use all the functions for which they are intended.

How many of us learn from the past anyway?

Enjoy it

·
Registered
147 Posts
I only have a few chronographs in my collection too. I don’t use the feature, but they look good and they have movements I wanted. I like the contrast of the color scheme on the one you got, it is an appealing look to me.

·
Registered
402 Posts
FYI - here's the response I received from Nezumi:

"Baleine along with many other new and old watch models are in production and will be in store this fall. Updates will be shared via our newsletter as soon as we have a confirmed date".

·
Registered
402 Posts

I see they left out the Nezumi "N" logo on the second hand (which they have on the Baleine). I guess they did that to reduce clutter with the other 3 dials. Smart move.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I like the classic 60s chronograph style. I've been eyeing the Loews (black and white version) myself. But as with the Baleine, I will probably wait too long. Congratulations with this fine watch but the dial is just a little bit too daring for me :D I'll leave that up to a young whippersnapper like yourself ;)

Reactions: rh747m

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like the classic 60s chronograph style. I've been eyeing the Loews (black and white version) myself. But as with the Baleine, I will probably wait too long. Congratulations with this fine watch but the dial is just a little bit too daring for me :D I'll leave that up to a young whippersnapper like yourself ;)
I wish that made me feel younger :oops:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
FYI - here's the response I received from Nezumi:

"Baleine along with many other new and old watch models are in production and will be in store this fall. Updates will be shared via our newsletter as soon as we have a confirmed date".
There's a Baleine with my name on it, thanks!

Reactions: rh747m

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like the classic 60s chronograph style. I've been eyeing the Loews (black and white version) myself.
I assume you've seen the Voiture chronograph? I see you as a Voiture man for some reason. You'd have to change straps immediately of course, (but the same is true for the Loews).

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I assume you've seen the Voiture chronograph? I see you as a Voiture man for some reason. You'd have to change straps immediately of course, (but the same is true for the Loews).
Yes but I find the sub dials a bit 'edgy' to my taste. I'm very traditional when it comes to certain designs.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts