Watch Freeks banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
It's listed as "Rare & Vintage 1970 Bulova Accutron Spaceview Astronaut Astroview Coffin Watch!"

And when I contacted him about the watch it was quite clear he knew exactly what this mixed bag of watch parts is and he has the cojones to ask over $2,700.00 dollars for this reck...

The sad thing is he will prob find a buyer for it...

Reactions: rh747m

Super Moderator
So Steve, since I, and many of us aren't experts. What are the main
issues with a watch like this? Is the 1970 Bulova Accutron Spaceview
Astronaut Astroview Coffin Watch a watch that doesn't actually exist?
Is it basically an Accutron Frankenwatch? 馃槮

I know just looking at it that it looks cool, but again I am the furthest
thing from an expert. So I guess that's how they do snag those buyers
like you said. 馃檨

Thanks a lot for the post, and just shining a light on this like this !

Registered
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Bulova never intended for, or approved of any and all Accutron 214 watches to be "converted" to spaceview watches, and as such Bulova only made factory spaceview crystals for certain model case numbers which all can be found in factory Bulova crystal catalogs throughout the years.

This is a list of ALL the Bulova 214 case numbers that Bulova made spaceview crystals for, Any case numbers not on this list Bulova never intended for, or approved of being "converted" to a spaceview watch...

And definitely one case number that's not found on that list is the P/N2410 which of course is the Accutron Astronaut!

Reactions: rh747m

Registered
It's listed as "Rare & Vintage 1970 Bulova Accutron Spaceview Astronaut Astroview Coffin Watch!"

And when I contacted him about the watch it was quite clear he knew exactly what this mixed bag of watch parts is and he has the cojones to ask over $2,700.00 dollars for this reck...

The sad thing is he will prob find a buyer for it...
I clicked on the link and it's no longer available. Hopefully he was forced to remove it before it was sold. It is sad though.

Super Moderator
Bulova never intended for, or approved of any and all Accutron 214 watches to be "converted" to spaceview watches, and as such Bulova only made factory spaceview crystals for certain model case numbers which all can be found in factory Bulova crystal catalogs throughout the years.

This is a list of ALL the Bulova 214 case numbers that Bulova made spaceview crystals for, Any case numbers not on this list Bulova never intended for, or approved of being "converted" to a spaceview watch...

And definitely one case number that's not found on that list is the P/N2410 which of course is the Accutron Astronaut!

Wow, just wow ! 馃槻 So it is a Frankenwatch Steve, and even though it
is cool looking, and gives you that Spaceview feel. It is, or was actually
the furthest thing from being genuine. Or some actual vintage beauty,
or find.

Guess it's fine if someone knows they are just getting a collection of
Accutron parts, and pieces. But can imagine a lot of people who aren't
Accutron experts might think this is some super rare treasure. It's just
natural, and you want to trust people too, so it's scary.

Really appreciate all of the info, along with the insight !

Registered
hi guys, long time admirer of this watch forum. Learnt a lot of good things from here

The watch above in the original post is my watch, its a clearly labelled conversion (please see website link https://www.accutron214.com/Accutron214Conversion.htm to get an explanation from the experts of Spaceview watches what a conversion is), nowhere was this mentioned on my listing to be a factory conversion

When a watch has a bad dial, the damaged dial is taken off by an expert in 鈥渃onversions鈥, who can skilfully cut off the dial. It鈥檚 a common practice such as with my watch. Its incredibly attractive because it鈥檚 been done correctly .

Unfortunately the original poster of this particular post 鈥淎ccutronitis鈥 asked me for a discount, I refused and he attempted to blackmail me by saying he will put a post on this forum

I don鈥檛 really tolerate bullies

A screenshot is attached where he tells he will be posting onto the forum, thus proving the link to the Original poster 鈥淎ccutronitis鈥 and his ebay account 鈥渘icchia66 (feedback 228)鈥

If you search his eBay account 鈥渘icchia66鈥 you will find that he has bad feedback for selling very expensive watches and not posting them out. (screenshot attached of his feedback).

My feedback on the other hand is exemplary

He also attempted to message me from another ebay account 鈥渄ontlie340 (feedback of 96)鈥 directly after sending a message from his original ebay account. If you note鈥..his second ebay account also has bad feedback for being dishonest.

Its unfortunate that this website is abused by crooks like accutronitis, but also I know on the other hand its inhabited by other great folk with a lot of watch knowledge. Hopefully these honest people prosper instead

I think the knowledge I鈥檝e gleaned from this website has been fantastic, Ive learnt a lot and its great to pursue my interest in watches with other watch lovers on this forum. Hope everyone has a great blessed day
IMG_1828.jpg
IMG_1829.jpg
IMG_1832.jpg

Registered
Hey watchman, it鈥檚 good to see your side of it.
I was actually surprised to see Accutronitis posted this because of his documented history of Frankensteining watches and selling them as factory watches.
The TOS here won鈥檛 allow for links to other forums, but a google search will show threads on other forums where he has been banned because of it. One forum has a thread of him trying to pass off a fake Rolex as real. Another forum has a thread where he shows the steps of how he used fake and real Rolex parts to franken a Rolex.

I called him out here on his frankens that he sells and he sent me two PM鈥檚 with veiled threats.
On another forum he posted up pictures and personal information of a woman, her kids, home and address that he believes is me. He threatened to destroy her banking information. He claims members and moderators here helped him find out who I am.

Be careful, he鈥檚 not as smart as he thinks he is, but he is persistent.

Registered
Oops.......think I weighed in too soon. Obviously there are two sides to every story. :unsure:

Registered
I have been lurking here for some time, and find this behaviour of Accutronitis quite shameful.
I saw other quite awful posts by him have either been removed or threads locked.
I did as trip_67 suggested and searched online for more evidence, and was surprised and shocked by what I saw.
I also noticed that Accutronitis's signature features a photograph of a watch collector he has clashed with, someone who uncovered many of Accutronitis's unscrupulous dealings with fake watches he has made from parts and claimed were factory original.
I can only wonder why such a person is still a member here, when he has been banned by every other watch collecting site.

T.

Registered
I was actually surprised to see Accutronitis posted this because of his documented history of Frankensteining watches and selling them as factory watches.
The TOS here won鈥檛 allow for links to other forums, but a google search will show threads on other forums where he has been banned because of it. One forum has a thread of him trying to pass off a fake Rolex as real. Another forum has a thread where he shows the steps of how he used fake and real Rolex parts to franken a Rolex.

I called him out here on his frankens that he sells and he sent me two PM鈥檚 with veiled threats.
On another forum he posted up pictures and personal information of a woman, her kids, home and address that he believes is me. He threatened to destroy her banking information. He claims members and moderators here helped him find out who I am.

Hey Trip thank you for your message, and for shedding further light on this individual's quite atrocious behaviour

So I also took your advice, and googled further information on Accutronitis鈥︹︹..and wow what a total trashfire. Banned for doxxing individuals, eventually banned for suggesting which parts of a rolex to fake to avoid detection, bans for threatening behaviour.

I honestly think he's just one of those people that is clearly frustrated with his bit in life and is attempting to take it out on strangers on the internet.

I did attempt to go out of my way to help educate him on Accutron watches, linking him to various web links and watch encyclopaedias explaining the intricacies of Accutron, but he just didn't want to listen or learn; even to have a discussion.

When he claimed the Bulova ACCUTRON Astronaut wasn't an ACCUTRON is when I knew I was dealing with someone that is, to be quite frank, a few apples short of a bushel.

He definitely isn't the brightest, I mean the fact he linked me to his lies is absurdly dense lol

Registered
Oops.......think I weighed in too soon. Obviously there are two sides to every story. :unsure:
Hey rh747 dont worry about it, its hard to tell what's real or not on these forums these days with so many casual collectors. You wouldn't really expect lunatics and crooks on watch forums - I certainly wouldn't! Or at least you'd expect their lies to be of the intelligent variety!

Registered
I have been lurking here for some time, and find this behaviour of Accutronitis quite shameful.
I saw other quite awful posts by him have either been removed or threads locked.
I did as trip_67 suggested and searched online for more evidence, and was surprised and shocked by what I saw.
I also noticed that Accutronitis's signature features a photograph of a watch collector he has clashed with, someone who uncovered many of Accutronitis's unscrupulous dealings with fake watches he has made from parts and claimed were factory original.
I can only wonder why such a person is still a member here, when he has been banned by every other watch collecting site.

T.
Its quite bizarre isn't it Thommo, he has the gall to be posting about other peoples watches yet there he is quite happily attempting to hoodwink genuine buyers with totally fake watches. I mean if someone is low enough to try to extort someone, I guess faking watches wouldn't be too much of a far stretch. Just goes to show you have to be really careful with some people!

I dont think he knows much beyond a few regurgitated facts on Accutron's, but I did my best initially to help share some watch knowledge with him. Its not a crime to have little knowledge on certain watches, everyone has to start somewhere.....but its a real shame when someone doesn't want to learn!

As for the moderators, I think from the personal messages I received from a moderator is that they're well aware of Accutronitis reputation, but it seems that he might be a "slow" if you get my drift so I think he's tolerated until he crosses some line. As he clearly has done with a few people it seems on the internet!

Registered
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I repeat...

AND I've never seen so much bull **** in my life "asked me for a discount, I refused and he attempted to blackmail me by saying he will put a post on this forum"
Are you high??? You are full of 5hit! Like I would want such a mangled watch!

The hell with it, I'm not going to waste my time going over ALL of that nonsense...

You people are free to believe anything you like, I could care less, but if your only defense of that joke of a watch is to personally attack me with made-up BS, well that speaks for its self...

"asked me for a discount" LOLOL "attempted to blackmail" LOLOL What BS...

Why stop there, why not claim I threatened your life??? You've claimed just about everything but...

Registered
Discussion Starter #15

More made up bull **** for someone who learned from the best of them, None of it's true, just twisting the truth into nonsense, Again not going to waste my time going through ALL that bull ****...

AND none of it changes the fact that is a mangled watch and a franken, But hey that's just my opinion...

Registered
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Wow, just wow ! 馃槻 So it is a Frankenwatch Steve, and even though it
is cool looking, and gives you that Spaceview feel. It is, or was actually
the furthest thing from being genuine. Or some actual vintage beauty,
or find.

Guess it's fine if someone knows they are just getting a collection of
Accutron parts, and pieces. But can imagine a lot of people who aren't
Accutron experts might think this is some super rare treasure. It's just
natural, and you want to trust people too, so it's scary.

Really appreciate all of the info, along with the insight !
YES it is a Frankenwatch and the only watches that could be "converted" to spaceviews are on this list...

That watch has nothing for the hour, minute, and sweep seconds hands to even point at to keep time, All it has is the 24-hour bezel and that's it! the 24-hour bezel is useless for all those hands because they are all on a 12-hour scale! doesn't that tell you something about that watch, even if you know nothing about Bulova Accutron watches!
Come on people I shouldn't have to point this stuff out...

I guess whoever buys it is just supposed to guess what the hands are pointing at???

Please do go to this link AND ask the owner Martin Marcus about a "conversion" of an Astronaut watch... https://www.accutron214.com/Accutron214Conversion.htm

He does do an "astroview" But he machines an Astronaut dial leaving ALL the hour and minute markers so the hands have something to point at BUT that is in no way something Bulova did or approved of, Hens that's why there is no "Astronaut Spaceview Crystals"! YOU CAN"T CONVERT A WATCH BULOVA NEVER MADE A SPACEVIEW CRYSTAL FOR!

I don't know why he's posting this link because nothing there backs up anything he is saying... https://www.accutron214.com/Accutron214Conversion.htm

Martin says this at that link...

back in the day dealers often converted brand new 214's from their stock while the customer waited. The not so lucky customers found that among the very limited selection of available Spaceview Crystals at that time, there were none of the right size for their chosen model.

Such as the Astronaut models which Bulova never made a crystal for...

Registered
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
He states... "Original factory Kreisler Coffin Band"

Bulova stopped using the "Kreisler Coffin Band" on Astronaut watches around 1964 and switched to the JB Champion Bullet Link Bracelet! Not only is it the wrong bracelet BUT it is an "applied logo" clasp coffin link and the last year for those was 1962, in 1963 Kreisler changed to the "stamped logo" clasp...

EVERYTHING about that watch is nonsense, like the USA white spaceview hands and the orange sweep seconds hand AND SO much more...

But hey what do I know??? Hell, go buy it trip_67 and add it to your collection! Nobody that knows anything about Accutrons will go near that thing, They will take one look at that watch and laugh their ass off just like I did when I saw it...

AND all of your BS filled personal attacks on me won't change the fact that watch is a joke!

Registered
Discussion Starter #19

Your so full of %hit, EVERYTHING your're posting is made up BS of Robert Butler's! A ton of claims with not one shred of proof to back any of it up, Trip_67 I might have some respect for you if you made up your own BS, BUT you are just repeating Robert Butler's BS and lies...

Hell, I could make up a bunch of BS and claim a bunch of BS about you BUT I don't know you, and you def DON"T KNOW ME!

Take all your debunked Robert Butler BS and cram it where the sun doesn't shine...

Registered
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited by Moderator)
No doubt Robert Butler is behind all the BS you are repeating trip_67...

Robert Butler posted...

Looks like Debby did you again!
The seller of that watch replied to all posts by her, and he said he got a private message from the moderator, who said you were soft in the head so is tolerated at WFThey sure got your number there!"

He goes around spreading lies like this claiming myBulova helping him but like everything else, it's a lie...

trip_67 your buddy Robert Butler is a known liar that has been banned for life myBulova, watchuseek, WTF, NAWCC and many more after they all caught him lying and fabricating newspaper ads just to try and win arguments with people who knew better than his nonsense and called him out on it! and that's just the tip of the iceberg with that guy!

If that's your buddy that you're so tight with that you are repeating all his made-up debunked BS what's that say about you???

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.