Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*** THIS WATCH IS SOLD!!! ***

Up for sale here is a very rare Zodiac ZMX 03 light-up white-on-white watch. One of the most desirable color combos, especially for summer, that was ever made.

***PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE AD! I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR A LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT IS BEING SOLD!***

The watch has 2 small blemishes, both well photographed and well described. I think they are pretty easily overlooked when worn and the watch is discounted from the market price to reflect this. This watch was sold to me as being "new with defects". Unfortunately the seller was not as forthcoming as I am and did not really disclose clearly what the defect was. It looks like this may have been a store display as the seller I got it from was a jeweler. There was obviously a careless customer or employee who put a nice gouge right at 12 o'clock in the bezel. Instead of selling it that way the jeweler tried to polish it out and left a visible flat spot where he attempted to make the correction :( .
The other flaw was likely made by me. It is a small gouge in the bezel at approximately 2:30.

Please see the photos and descriptions below so that you are fully aware of these defects because other than that, the watch is in very nice condition.
The specs are as follows …

• Case: 50mm wide, 16mm thick, wears MUCH smaller due to the design and strap
  • Case Finish: Polished, brushed and blasted, multi-piece construction
  • Crystal: Sapphire
  • Movement: Custom Rhonda quartz big date chronograph with Zodiac light module
  • Strap: 28mm at lugs - integrated into head, 24mm at buckle, super soft white rubber with vanilla scent.
  • Caseback - Engraved and serialized, number 0047 of 1000.
  • Box and papers included
I am asking $300 USD firm Shipped and Paypalled to your CONUS ONLY door. The market price for the WHITE VERSION if you can find one is 350 - 400. I realize that other colors do sell for less but the white has always brought a premium and sales records will illustrate this.

*** I think people are being put off by the listed size so here are a few pics on my 7 1/4 inch wrist. This really wears more like a 45mm watch. It is indeed big, but also very comfy to wear. ***

Please see the photos below and pay careful attention to the descriptions which I have bolded …

Here you can clearly see the flat spot on the top of the bezel and you can make out the gouge at 2:30 :

Here is a similar shot from the other side and the defects become less evident:

Here you can more clearly see the gouge:

Here is a super-closeup of the flat spot:

… and a super-closeup of the gouge:

The rest of the watch looks and operates as it should:

The Lightshow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts