Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Watch has been sold, is this Seiko 6309-7290 automatic men's Divers watch. It was made in the 1987 according to the serial number. I recently purchased this watch, apparently it was just modded and serviced at the original owners expense. The original owner had to raise some money for some expenses I guess. I bought it because the watch was refinished and modded recently with a new purple after market dial, new purple chapter ring, new hardlex crystal, new hands, and new band. It may have been worn once or twice, but its VERY hard to tell.
I am asking $139.00 OBO,net to me, or a trade of some sort. Paypal and USPS priority shipping only.
I already have a 6309 diver. I am open to automatics and mechanical winds only please. I am fine with Invicta and Android products.

I was not the one who did the work on this watch. I have no clue who that would have been. I bought the watch here in America. It ships from America.
The movement is a Japanese made Seiko 17 jewel 6309 automatic wind movement. The movement looks to have been serviced, and is running strongly. I timed it, and it is keeping time nicely, and runs well. The watch keeps time well, and sets easily. The date quick sets work just fine.
The case is stainless steel. For a watch over 30 years old, this watch must have been rarely worn. There are very minor scratches and dings on the case and case back, but nothing terrible. The case back is stainless steel. The crown screws all the way down, it feels like about 4 turns to screw down totally. The seal in the crown is good, and you can feel the rubber mating with the crown tube for a good seal. The crown has a few scratches on its outside, but nothing affecting the way it works, and its hard to see. The bezel ring insert looks new, though does have a few small swirls in its finish, they are hard enough to see that I couldn't get a picture of them. Just telling you they are there.
The watch band looks to be new, and does not have the usual wear marks a used rubber band has. It is clean, and odor free. It will easily fit a 8.25 inch wrist. The band is marked Seiko z 22, and has the "tsunami" symbol stamped on its tongue.
The lume on the hands and dial lasts all night long in a dark room, just like it should.
The crystal on the watch appears new, and I cant see and scratches, and there are certainly no cracks.
The watch is marked "200 meter water resistant".
But do understand, I can not guarantee water resistance in any way because I do not have the equipment to test for it.
Watch is 42 with crown x 44mm { lug end to lug end } x 12mm thick approx.
Please PM with questions, or if you feel the need for additional pics. Low ballers will of course be politely ignored. I ship only to the USA and its protectorates. I have a good rep here , and 100% on Ebay. I expect the same from those who offer trade.

Reactions: arogle1stus

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more pics

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pics

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Case back

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I am sorry. I do not have the original dial. It wasn't given to me when I bought the watch.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump, I have an offer. Better hurry with yours , as soon as I have it in Paypal, its gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts