Watch Freeks banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale or trade I have a super nice RLG Atlanticus watch.

From the site:

ATLANTICUS DIVER (Pastel Blue) | Richard LeGrand RLG

"The ATLANTICUS Diver is Richard LeGrand's 2nd dive watch after the Odyssea Mark I & II. Inspired by compressor dive watches of the 70s, the Atlanticus diver balances vintage inspiration with modern design elements that represent the adventurous spirit of that innovative era. The dive watch features a boxed domed crystal, internal rotating bezel, bright blue lume, and a supple embossed leather strap.
2 years warranty card included with every purchase

Movement NH35A Automatic Movement hacking and handwinging
Water Resistance 200 meters / 660 feet
Luminousity BGW9 Blue on hands and indexes
Crystal Sapphire coated boxed mineral with anti-reflective coating
Bezel Features Internal rotating dive bezel (set via 2H crown)
Case Back 3D Stamped
Strap Stitched, padded embossed genuine leather strap with quick release mechanism

Dimensions mm
Case Diameter 42
Case Thickness (without crystal) 10.5
Case Thickness (with crystal) 12.5
Lug to Lug 48
Lug Width 22"

The watch is in excellent condition, in fact I don't see any marks on it. I did not wear it, I only put it on my wrist once to see how it worked. It is very nice and kind of different from other similar watches, the hour markers and applied and chrome framed. The lume is blue and it is easily visible. The watch appear light but solid and it is really cool with the twin crowns. The inner bezel crown is firm and not loose, it is not easy to move the bezel by mistake, on the other end it is not difficult to turn is you grab it with the fingers properly and turn. The hands/winding crown is screw down to provide 200m WR.

All in all it is a beautiful piece, nicely finished and different from the norm. I was counting on two things, a bracelet and a change of hands to become a keeper. I tried a couple of bracelets I have and they did not fit without tinkering a bit with the end links. But then when looking at it I decided it was too nice looking to mess with it and try to install a different set of hands. Even though I have an idea of what to use, the watch actually looks fantastic as is.

So why I am offering it here for sale trade? Simply because for me the hobby is not to buy watches but to own "my own" watches, which means I like to make them my own design. While this one is great as it is, it is not my design and although I enjoyed it, I am ready to move it along. To make it even better as a deal I am including a Panatime leather strap (seeing in the pics) that is also in excellent condition. Full kit included, box and warranty card.

I am asking $199 for this inclusive of shipping in the USA or I can trade this for something else. Especially I would be interested on watches I can work on like Seiko SRP777 or 637 for example, or KarlsKrona Baltic and Nordic shield. Or some other similar Micro with the Seiko movement. Not all will work for what I want, but there are quite a few. I always answer everyone and I am open to ALL OFFERS.

Here are a few pics, please excuse any dust spec or lint:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts