Watch Freeks banner

SOLD: Big Seiko Desert Pilot project

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Carlowf 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD

For sale or trade I have a Seiko SRP713 big military watch with cream color dial. The watch is in excellent condition, and in fact it is almost like new with no visible marks on it. It was worn a few times and then it was customized with Pilot type hands from the Orient Flight watch to make it a Big Desert Pilot watch.

The watch is very nice looking, the case is about 42mm and the lugs are 22mm. The movement is the hacking and hand-windable 4r36 that has day and date. It sports a nice large crown and a really beautiful domed crystal.

I have wanted to do this project ever since the watch came out but never had a chance to get one of these since they were always sold out when I had the cash. Finally I got a chance to get it and at the same time found the hands I wanted and put them together. I also installed the beautiful Nato strap that can be seen in the pictures. It is brand new and never used. I thought that it would work well with the watch and the color of the dial. The watch comes with the original box and manuals. The original leather strap is also included.

I would like to keep it but in order to continue the hobby and do new projects I have to get some cash back in, so I am putting this up for sale hoping it can go to a good home. I am asking $175 for this kit including paypal fees and shipping in the US. Always open to offers and trades of course.

Here are a few quick and dirty pics.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.