Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I figured the topic was here and no chat yet. I am looking to get a Gruen. I like the rectangular look and they made a nice one back in the 40's that I like. I have a Seiko from the 70's and is the oldest in my lot right now.

So who has some cool stuff...pictures would be cool to see to.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Mustang - what is your time frame for "old". I have a Gucci watch from the 80's that I can not believe I ever wore, but I still have it, lol

I could take some pictures if it is old enough for you :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

No kidding the 80's! We wore some great stuff then...lol MC Hammer Ballon pants.. how about parachute pants... fly silk shirts unbuttoned way low...lol Sure picture away.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

OK here you go. It is not pretty, lol.
Looking at the massive sizes of my Excursions and SAN this looks like a woman's OR CHILDREN'S watch, lol. But at one time it was .... hot, haha

I apologize for the crappy quality of the pics. I took them quickly with my cell phone.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Very slick classy watch.
I know what you are saying. 44mm now is an average size watch were 20 years ago 36-38mm was average.

·
Registered
90 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
OK here you go. It is not pretty, lol.
Looking at the massive sizes of my Excursions and SAN this looks like a woman's OR CHILDREN'S watch, lol. But at one time it was .... hot, haha

I apologize for the crappy quality of the pics. I took them quickly with my cell phone.

i used to love that watch!!its like 33 mm right?that was back when thin was in

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I have 3 vintage watches that get now wrist time because they just look too funny because they are so small. One is from the 30's and the other two are from the 40's. I don't have any pics of them but I'll try to take some this weekend if I have time. One of my 40's watches is an automatic, gold Hamilton that was my aunts when she was alive. My cousins knew I collected watches and thought I would want it. It really is a beautiful piece!

·
Registered
90 Posts
imported post

i have 2 one from 1962 its a baume marcier 14k case and mesh band,my grand father just gave it to me he bought it new from T bird jewlers he wore it for about 20 years and put it a box until i got it.the other may not classify as vintage but i think its around 1979 1980 its a seiko dolce crazy thin like 3mm it has a decorated i think 14 jewel quartz mvmt.my father gave it to me,pretty cool i have a watch from my father and grandfather.i'll post some pics asap thanks for reading

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

sheraortho and what7 - Lets see some pictures!!!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
sheraortho and what7 - Lets see some pictures!!!!
I know, I know!! I never took any of my vintage pieces so I'll try to get some this weekend!!

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

This is my 1930 Bulova. Very Art Deco. I keep it in the safety deposit box at our bank. It's a rare watch, and runs like a dream. It's easy to wind, and last about 30 hours before it needs winding again. I go in about once a month, take it out and wear it for a couple days, then put it back up again. It's very small...maybe 25mm wide, about 38mm long. But the pictures do not do it justice...the case is 16k gold and white gold...and looks like it is brand new.

I have since picked up a 1960's model Invicta 3 hand mechanical with date. Runs perfectly and keeps excellent time. No Swiss Gold Layering though...this one has a 10 or 12 K gold case. It's been worn quite a bit and the hallmarks are worn almost completely off the watch. I haven't take the case back off yet to see inside...but maybe soon I'll take it to my jeweler and let him look at it.

And of course I have my grandpa's 1940's Gruen....it still run's like a champ!!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

I have an old Seiko that my parents gave me around 1985-87 range. Doen't run anymore. Found it the other day when I was cleaning out boxes. Looks similar to Jame's Gucci. Will try to take pic later.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

what7 wrote:
i used to love that watch!!its like 33 mm right?that was back when thin was in
It is that small or smaller, lol. Some of my wife's watches are larger then this watch - and....I used to wear it. It was the only gold watch I have ever owned.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I own a 1974 Omega Automatic with 22 microns of Gold. For some reason I can't post photos right now from photobucket on this site.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

I haven't looked at this posting a while. Wow.. there are some really nice watches here. I am going to look up that Rado. I have never seen one before.

·
Registered
59 Posts
imported post

I have one "old" watch. This Accutron model 218 was made in 1965 and is one of the old tuning fork Accutrons. It was given to me as a High School grad gift in 1969. I recently had it refitted and now it runs great. My watch guy couldn't find a new crystal but everything else is in pretty good shape.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts