Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

In your own world, do you think things that need to be done around the home is "womens" work...I'm not talking about maintenance, guys...I'm talking about the daily grind of keeping a lovely home.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

I'm not touching this one even with a ten foot pole.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I don't necessarily think it's a woman's job to do it. I can keep my own house clean, but if I can go out and provide for her and keep the house flush( bills, maint, etc.) while she doesn't have to work, I would expect that the least she could do is keep the house immaculate. If the shoe were on the other foot, I would love to only have to worry about keeping the house clean.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

i do the cleaning, the cooking, the clothes, whatever........im a clean freak, and ive always done it, and will continue too........working in resturants, ive always done all the cleaning in the the kitchen, and it always relates to my home......i personally like to do it myself, because i like it done a certain way, so i dont really want anyone else doing it but me.......

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I have a house keeper, she comes every Wednesday i love wednesday evenings my carpet is raked. Gina and I have an agreement, I do all the yard work, I keep up the cars, I do all the painting I DO NOT DO DISHES,ID NOT CLEAN TOILETS, I DO NOT CLEAN THE HOUSE PERIOD. Accept the two times a year, for fall cleaning and Spring cleaning.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I have a house keeper, she comes every Wednesday i love wednesday evenings my carpet is raked. Gina and I have an agreement, I do all the yard work, I keep up the cars, I do all the painting I DO NOT DO DISHES,ID NOT CLEAN TOILETS, I DO NOT CLEAN THE HOUSE PERIOD. Accept the two times a year, for fall cleaning and Spring cleaning.
Thinking about hiring one myself Rip. Although for the most part, the house is kept up, it's noy exactly as "museum" as I like it. Trinika has gotten better about many things, but to expound on Don's point, there is a certain way that I like the house kept and she doesn't always agree with my attention to detail. I have become slightly more relaxed so that I won't have a stroke, but I definitely would love to have the place more detailed.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
Thinking about hiring one myself Rip. Although for the most pare, the house is kept up, it's noy exactly as "museum" as I like it. Trinika has gotten better about many things, but to expound on Don's point, there is a certain way that I like the house kept and she doesn't always agree with my attention to detail. I have become slightly more relaxed so that I won't have a stroke, but I definitely would love to have the place more detailed.
I can not stress to you enough how important this is too me, and the only way I would achieve this is to either do it myself or have it done. Well I would rather spend the $550.00 a month to have this done my way, then spend 2 hrs a day trying to stay on top of it. It is worth every penny I spend to have this peace in my head!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Theresa is a clean freak, which makes me happy. To keep the peace I will always ask "can I help" . Usually she says "no thanks" but I will help in anyway I can.....Bob

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
TUNAKLLR wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
Thinking about hiring one myself Rip. Although for the most part, the house is kept up, it's noy exactly as "museum" as I like it. Trinika has gotten better about many things, but to expound on Don's point, there is a certain way that I like the house kept and she doesn't always agree with my attention to detail. I have become slightly more relaxed so that I won't have a stroke, but I definitely would love to have the place more detailed.
I can not stress to you enough how important this is too me, and the only way I would achieve this is to either do it myself or have it done. Well I would rather spend the $550.00 a month to have this done my way, then spend 2 hrs a day trying to stay on top of it. It is worth every penny I spend to have this peace in my head!
There's something to be said for having that peace. One less freakin' thing to worry/ stress about.

Bob, you are a blessed individual my man.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I tried to keep up with my 3 boys, but threw in the white flag along time ago. I decided that I don't have time to always keep the house clean and my wife has other priorities in her life so our house isn't exactly as I would like. This is the reason I built a "man cave". Our house isn't a pig pen, but the battles with the wife and kids constantly wasn't good for my lifestyle. We just pick up when time allows. I don't think it is just my wifes job to clean the house.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I think the big issue is we both work 9 to 11 hrs a day, and then i am generally drawing at night, so too keep the freeky clean home a house keeper is esential!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
TUNAKLLR wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
There's something to be said for having that peace. One less freakin' thing to worry/ stress about.

Hi TUNAKLLR, I just read your response to Theresa who sitting next to me, you gave us a laff! Thank you my friend. ....Bob

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Bob wrote:
TUNAKLLR wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
TUNAKLLR wrote:
RipitRon wrote:

Hi TUNAKLLR, I just read your response to Theresa who sitting next to me, you gave us a laff! Thank you my friend. ....Bob
:b

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Strangely enough, I actually have a very old fashioned view on this kind of thing...If he wants to cook tho, I am VERY cool with that since I'm much more comfortable in my office than my kitchen...I tell him that my gorgeous kitchen is a work of art, it's just for looking at.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I would say it's NOT woman's work!

However, my Sister insists on cleaning my house every week! I don't argue with her. :)

I used to have a housekeeper when I lived in DC. However, she was let go as I decided there were more and more rooms in the house that I didn't want anyone (but the family) touching (valuables, breakables, family heirlooms, etc). After a while, it became difficult to justify paying for someone to only clean the kitchen and living room. :)

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I believe it is a delicate balance that you have to keep.

The man sits on the couch with his feet up, a full cold beer that never gets below 1/2 full, a fluffy pillow behind his head, a personal masseuse always on call 24-7, a full rack of ribs freshly cooked with all the fixin's, watching and endless loop of sporting events on a 60-70inch TV.

While the woman .....
sits right next to him!

While the maid, nanny, and additional staff cleans every single inch of the house!

·
Registered
294 Posts
imported post

I'm more the neat freek around our house... I like things in there place.. we share the duties altought she is not much of a duster so that's my main task... that and my work shop(cave) keep out woman..! my sutff..!:madd I also take care of our cars... Sunday is vehical cleaning day... every Sunday that way we start off our work week with it clean and shinny..:c

1 - 20 of 23 Posts