Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Seikos is such a great brand and they make some beautiful watches both dress and diver. So what is your preference, dive watches or dress watches?

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I love dive watches. I can say that safely since about 50% of my collection consists of dive style watches. I do own many dress watches, but I'm partial to dive style. I own a 1st series Seiko Kinetic that I picked up in the early 90's and it still works great to this day.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

There is no question that the divers are my favorite!! Most of my current collection are divers. I'll be selling them all off to fund my grail though. Then I'll be starting all over again.

·
Registered
499 Posts
imported post

Divers remind me of my youth. Lived in So. Cal in the 60's. High School and College my friends and buds would rent a hotel on the beach every spring and summer break. Now the places we would go to are such posh and expensive I don't think I could afford a room today. What wonderful memories diving, surfing and just good old clean fun.

·
Registered
59 Posts
imported post

While I'm working I need some dress watches for the office but after I retire I'll probably flip most of them for more divers.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Russ, our company changed over to business casual years ago which works for me considering my taste in watches. I'd be in real trouble if we had towear a suitagain. None of my watches would work with a suit.

·
Registered
72 Posts
imported post

Cali kid wrote:
Even my dress watches are divers!;)
:cool:

That's what I'm talking about! Look at James Bond, what's the difference?

I do have a couple dress watches, but stopped looking for them and don't plan on buying anymore, except a nice square one, brand and style TBD.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

The only Seiko's I have are from the mid 1980's and both are very dressy. One is a gold touneau shapped watch...just a plain 3 hand on a gold bracelet...very dressy. My other is a gunmetal and gold Master Calander with moon phase. The case is gunmetal and the bezel is gold, and the bracelet is two tone gunmetal with small gold accents links in the middle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts