Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a Franck Muller fan, have been for years. I have had a few Casablancas and my latest - Conquistador GP. I always liked FMs because they are funky and dare to be different, and because I always received great compliments when I wear them.

That has all changed today, and here is a message from a long term Franck Muller fan - if you have never had one, don't get one; If you have one now, consider selling it.

Here is what happened: I called their boutique shop to get my watch serviced, and turns out that from April 1 2017, FM will no longer service their OWN watches, that is unless you rock up with all the paperworks. I explained to the girl on the phone that since I have moved a few times, unfortunately the paperworks and boxes didn't make it. That didn’t matter to Franck Muller - I am left on my own: or I can try too contact the shop I bought the watch from and see if they can help me?

I also own 2 Panerai, a Rolex and IWC. You simply rock up to the service centre, drop them off and pay the service bill. And if you own a car, I don’t believe you need rock up with all the purchase invoices and receipts to PAY them to service their OWN products.

I am old school. While wearing a good watch is important, what is also important is the ownership experience - how you are treated as a valued customer, and pampered and event "treasured" because you have decided part with your well earned cash to "endorse" a brand and what they believe in.

Franck Muller clearly don't understand that, and definitely don’t care about their customers. And for that I am cross them off from my wish list, and I recommend anyone who reads this thread to do the same.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your most recent experience. Customer service means a great deal does reflect the product.
Please be sure to introduce yourself to the forum, the other members would love to get to know the newest additions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I have been a Franck Muller fan, have been for years. I have had a few Casablancas and my latest - Conquistador GP. I always liked FMs because they are funky and dare to be different, and because I always received great compliments when I wear them.

That has all changed today, and here is a message from a long term Franck Muller fan - if you have never had one, don't get one; If you have one now, consider selling it.

Here is what happened: I called their boutique shop to get my watch serviced, and turns out that from April 1 2017, FM will no longer service their OWN watches, that is unless you rock up with all the paperworks. I explained to the girl on the phone that since I have moved a few times, unfortunately the paperworks and boxes didn't make it. That didn’t matter to Franck Muller - I am left on my own: or I can try too contact the shop I bought the watch from and see if they can help me?

I also own 2 Panerai, a Rolex and IWC. You simply rock up to the service centre, drop them off and pay the service bill. And if you own a car, I don’t believe you need rock up with all the purchase invoices and receipts to PAY them to service their OWN products.

I am old school. While wearing a good watch is important, what is also important is the ownership experience - how you are treated as a valued customer, and pampered and event "treasured" because you have decided part with your well earned cash to "endorse" a brand and what they believe in.

Franck Muller clearly don't understand that, and definitely don’t care about their customers. And for that I am cross them off from my wish list, and I recommend anyone who reads this thread to do the same.
Interesting that your first appearance on our forum would be to bash a product, I'm no fan of the Franck Muller watches, and will probably never own one, but a hit and run on them from a stranger seems a little odd.

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
319 Posts
Interesting that your first appearance on our forum would be to bash a product, I'm no fan of the Franck Muller watches, and will probably never own one, but a hit and run on them from a stranger seems a little odd.
Customer service pissed him off so he goes to every watch forum and does damage to the brand. My reaction is usually wanting to punch someone. Think his is the more mature approach between the two.

On top of that, ff his intel is legit and they won't service their own watched bought by a third party, then that is still useful information.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
On top of that, ff his intel is legit and they won't service their own watched bought by a third party, then that is still useful information.
Isn't Rolex now not honoring warranty service to anyone but the original owner, if that's the case, what's the difference?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Isn't Rolex now not honoring warranty service to anyone but the original owner, if that's the case, what's the difference?
Have not heard of this but the difference is

"turns out that from April 1 2017, FM will no longer service their OWN watches, that is unless you rock up with all the paper works."

Rolex I think still services any Rolex watch you bring them. You could be right about not honoring a warranty, but they'd still work on it for the standard fee. Seems too good a revenue stream not to.

Maybe he just got April Fooled.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Gosh, it sounds to me that all his trouble started because he lost his own paperwork so now he is angry...maybe with himself because he's old school ? Perhaps he can take his watch to another repair facility. I have never really cared for F.M. or rants that can be traced back to being your own fault in the first place.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
In another galaxy, far far away, it became usual to leave Rolex paperwork blank. Just the dealer stamp and the date but not the other data. I'm talking 2000, the peak of the Sub craze. Just after the solid end link bracelet was introduced and six month waiting lists became common. But this is just about the warranty period. I believe one of Rolex's strengths is the ability to service watches that are >25 years old. At a price of course.

Enough of this off topic babbling. To use the 'Introduce Yourself' sub forum to slam a manufacturer without actually introducing yourself strikes me as odd. Or click bait. Or flame bait.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
The O.P. verbiage seems a little strange to me, this term "Rock Up", is that the current slang used in Australia, since I have never heard of it before, including when I was in Australia?

Reactions: Chronomaster

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Actually not strange at all. It's a colloquial term used in most parts of the English speaking world meaning "arriving at a place".

It's a big bright world out there

·
Registered
123 Posts
Actually not strange at all. It's a colloquial term used in most parts of the English speaking world meaning "arriving at a place".

Thanks for clarifying. Figured it was something like that. Wonder if that will take off on the forums (kind of like how many people use the term "mate", now).

·
Registered
5,478 Posts

Fair dinkum, mate :D

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
One post, airing a gripe about FM, and no follow-up posts in his own thread. Interesting.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
One post, airing a gripe about FM, and no follow-up posts in his own thread. Interesting.
Just malicious spam at it's finest!

Reactions: gman66

·
Registered
677 Posts
Not that we'll ever actually find out due to the drop a turd and run away nature of this post, but has anyone actually been able to to figure out if his watch was under warranty.

I have to assume he was trying to get work done under warranty and they refused him because of missing paperwork which is understandable and common. The way his rant is written though he makes it sound like they refused to work on it period, which makes no sense.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Not that we'll ever actually find out due to the drop a turd and run away nature of this post, but has anyone actually been able to to figure out if his watch was under warranty.

I have to assume he was trying to get work done under warranty and they refused him because of missing paperwork which is understandable and common. The way his rant is written though he makes it sound like they refused to work on it period, which makes no sense.
Bingo! We have a winner in the logical sense deduction!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts