Watch Freeks banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know I haven't been on in forever. But I placed a watch for sale on ebay and someone asked me for references and they mentioned a thread on watchuseek about my username being stolen.

Just letting you guys know I'm still the real rb-86 on here LOL I was able to log in and I changed my password for security. For those of you that know who I am and follow me on instagram (username is RBANOS86, I just put my profile on public for those that don't can check) and you can see the last photo I posted is of my Elini Caseback to show you proof of life LOL.

After getting married I slowed down collecting watches but I'm slowly picking up speed again. I'll try to be more active on the forums to avoid this situation again. Let see if I can recover my ID on watchuseek. If not I'll make a new profile.

Thanks

Roy

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Welcome back.
I had something strange happen a couple of weeks ago, from there.
This guy contacted me about one of the watches I was selling, he gave me a low ball price and I said no.
A couple of days later I get an e-mail saying he would like to invite me to Tapatalk.
Now, I just do PMs when selling or buying and I have my setting where only administrators can e-mail me. How the heck did he get my e-mail address?
I contacted the administrators their but haven't heard a thing back.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Welcome back.
I had something strange happen a couple of weeks ago, from there.
This guy contacted me about one of the watches I was selling, he gave me a low ball price and I said no.
A couple of days later I get an e-mail saying he would like to invite me to Tapatalk.
Now, I just do PMs when selling or buying and I have my setting where only administrators can e-mail me. How the heck did he get my e-mail address?
I contacted the administrators their but haven't heard a thing back.
I believe that is a tapatalk thing is all.

When you are on tapatalk, I believe it asks you to invite this member to tapatalk. If you click on it, it will send you an email, because the forum system has it.

I do no believe the forum itself gave out your email to the member.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
How do we know this isn't the hacker, trying to re-establish credibility by pretending its the real you, even though it's not the real you, but is doing a really really really really good job of sounding its like you?

Good to have you back.

Let this be a lesson to all of us (myself included) that backing off of this habit can have negative consequences. Much better to just keep buying watches. :)

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
I believe that is a tapatalk thing is all.

When you are on tapatalk, I believe it asks you to invite this member to tapatalk. If you click on it, it will send you an email, because the forum system has it.

I do no believe the forum itself gave out your email to the member.
So you're saying, if I reply to a PM and he's on tapatalk, even if it doesn't state that in his PM, I will get an invite from tapatalk?

I just PMed him back, no clicking on anything.

And I wasn't on it, don't even own a smartphone

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
So you're saying, if I reply to a PM and he's on tapatalk, even if it doesn't state that in his PM, I will get an invite from tapatalk?

I just PMed him back, no clicking on anything.

And I wasn't on it, don't even own a smartphone
No, he was on tapatalk. It gives you a popup to invite someone to tapatalk. That is what he did. ...

Send me a pm here, and if I can, I will screencap and show you what I am talking about.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do we know this isn't the hacker, trying to re-establish credibility by pretending its the real you, even though it's not the real you, but is doing a really really really really good job of sounding its like you?

Good to have you back.

Let this be a lesson to all of us (myself included) that backing off of this habit can have negative consequences. Much better to just keep buying watches. :)
:laughing::laughing:

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Hope you get it worked out on WUS. Welcome back to Freeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts