Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my favorite Rolex AD to see if they were open. They were preparing to close up this week due to the Corona -19 virus. They were still seeing customers on an appointment basis.
I told them I’ll be by later in the day. This AD has a dedicated Rolex room with over 180 models on display – But few SS sports models. They’re supposedly in short supply, or you go on a list.
I had in mind an Air King for my next watch. Once I arrived, I saw no Kings, or Subs.
We’ve dealt with this store for many years, so I asked to see what might be in the safe ie: Black Sub date 116610LN (new) Two minutes later, he produces this Submariner! Now I’m thinking how much over list will this be? If I pay cash (I always do if I can get a discount). I can get it for $750 off list plus no tax! (13%) I almost choked. Wrap it up. An Air King is coming for me too, but he can’t say when because of the C-V. Likely in a month or less. Everything in his stores (3) is tax free for the next little while. I might get another Sub to hold onto & flip later. Strange times are upon us in ways I would never have thought.

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
Wait a minute, so these are the your pics Roarry? You got it?!! :eek2: :eek:

Wasn't 100% sure if these were your's, or were computer renderings.
The watch looks that perfect, and just amazing honestly ! :smileyface_hand_cla
Holy cowza, what a pick-up, and deal, but just stunning addition to
the collection. ..Can feel how happy you are just from your excitement
in your words above !

Oh man, and there's an Air King on the way too?!! Huge congrats
on all fronts sir !!! Unbelievable !

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AT, these pics are mine, not from the web. I dabble a bit in photography (I try!)
It is a cool watch IMO. I'm looking forward to the Air King just as much. This was a big surprise to me!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^ I'm looking forward to it's arrival. Howerver, due to current & ongoing C-V issues, it could be a lenghty wait. It's not important compared to all else these days.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
So, you carry 10 grand around in your wallet all the time ? Just in case some AD offers you a good deal on a Rollie. Yeah... that's how I roll. :rolleyes: Nice pictures. Enjoy that one. IMO, the Air King will blow that Sub away. Hope you get that one sooner rather than later. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, you carry 10 grand around in your wallet all the time ? Just in case some AD offers you a good deal on a Rollie. Yeah... that's how I roll. :rolleyes: Nice pictures. Enjoy that one. IMO, the Air King will blow that Sub away. Hope you get that one sooner rather than later. :thumb:
Not quite. I don't ever carry cash. I do however, have a bank branch in the mall where my AD is. Bank drafts are same as cash. Strange question Forza. :p

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
AT, these pics are mine, not from the web. I dabble a bit in photography (I try!)
It is a cool watch IMO. I'm looking forward to the Air King just as much. This was a big surprise to me!

Seems like you more than dabble sir. 😃

Some fantastic pics of a fantastic watch, and can't wait to
hear what you think about the Air King down the road too.
Until then, keep on enjoying !!!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Not quite. I don't ever carry cash. I do however, have a bank branch in the mall where my AD is. Bank drafts are same as cash. Strange question Forza. :p
My bad. I was not aware that your AD and your bank were a stones throw from each other. Your original post sounded like it was an on the spot no tax cash deal to me.
I guess you're a subscriber to J.P. Morgan's mantra. When there's blood on the streets...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My bad. I was not aware that your AD and your bank were a stones throw from each other. Your original post sounded like it was an on the spot no tax cash deal to me.
I guess you're a subscriber to J.P. Morgan's mantra. When there's blood on the streets...
No, not quite. This C-V thing was just getting ramped up & I was on the hunt for a new watch. I was opportunistic to a point. AD wants and needed to sell. A good price was available. Sales ensued. Both parties happy. I don't subscribe to any vulture like behaviour, ever! I'm not a shark, by any means.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Right now here in the States, we are out of Toilet Paper, bottled water and Guns, and Ammo. Everyone is thinking this is the Zombie Apocolypse and stocking up.

I went to sell a couple of pistols at my local Cabelas and they wanted to low ball me, so I took a pass, now their display cases and ammo shelves are empty, think I will take the pistols back there tomorrow and I bet I will get more for them then I paid for them new.

Pistols are now the New Rolexes, in apocalypse times!

Everyone is setting their hair on fire down here, without grasping prospective, 300 dead from COVID-19. and it's freak out time, 17,000 dead this year alone from the regular flu....Ho Hum???

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Right now here in the States, we are out of Toilet Paper, bottled water and Guns, and Ammo. Everyone is thinking this is the Zombie Apocolypse and stocking up.

I went to sell a couple of pistols at my local Cabelas and they wanted to low ball me, so I took a pass, now their display cases and ammo shelves are empty, think I will take the pistols back there tomorrow and I bet I will get more for them then I paid for them new.

Pistols are now the New Rolexes, in apocalypse times!

Everyone is setting their hair on fire down here, without grasping prospective, 300 dead from COVID-19. and it's freak out time, 17,000 dead this year alone from the regular flu....Ho Hum???
I agree, more to this "situation" than meets the eye... Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see is my motto. 🤷‍♂️

1 - 17 of 17 Posts