Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I read on another thread that the few orders that got in were canceled.

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

Of course they were canceled, lol. it was a mistake and they can cancel whenever they want.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Must be nice not to be held accountable for f ups! I wish I could tell my customers "psych", and not give an explanation of why I'm not going to follow through! No I don't because I wear my mistakes and correct them! Sorry guys.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Oops I messed up my taxes.....oops my dog ate my homework.....I can go on and on but as an individual those mistakes/excuses wouldn't cut it but Amazon and other companies are so insulated with small print to protect them when they mess up. I get it and understand but I think companies need to be held more accountable for when they mess up and oops just doesn't cut it in my book.

We live in a world of excuses now so this is acceptable but I can remember a day that if you went into a store and found say a suit on a rack where it didn't belong the company honored the price and the customer. This doesn't happen anymore.

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Must be nice not to be held accountable for f ups! I wish I could tell my customers "psych", and not give an explanation of why I'm not going to follow through! No I don't because I wear my mistakes and correct them! Sorry guys.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:

Well TK I will fix them too a certain point, but if it is going to cost the company too much I will explain at least why I will not fix the issue. The bottom line is simple too me, you would have had too pay for it anyways, if I didnt include it. I dont think anybody should have recieved that watch for that price because of a typo.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

That's true and that's where I have a problem. I'll leave it there because this can go on and on about big businesses not being accountable for their gaffs. It's too easy for them to just rest on their laurels because they know there are hundreds of thousands of others who will continue to give them business.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I dont think anybody should have recieved that watch for that price because of a typo.
Absolutely not.

Everyone knows, deep in their heart, that the price was incorrect.

But, you know you can't blame a guy for trying. :%:%

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Yeah this same thing happened a few months back with the oris 47mm v7750...Does everyone remember that? that was crazy also...but still deserve an explanation now matter what...

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

To their credit they did send out an email advising of the incorrect price listed and offered a discount toward a future watch purchase with that particular vendor. I don't know if that is all that could have been done but it was something whether those of us that ordered liked it or not. I still think that there needs to be greater accountability rather than falling back on some small print.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

Sorry......gots to chime in here.........I get what is being said about accountability.........but come one.....we all knew it was a typo.....yeah, it would have been great to pick up the snag of a lifetime with a san111 cosc for 77 bucks, but the reality is, anyone who knows watches who saw that, knew it was a typo.....I dont think they should be held accountable at all, or that they should have had to give an explanation........it was a price mistake, plain and simple......just because someone, or somehow the price was misentered, now the company should honor that ridiculously low price? I dont think so personally.........Lets put it this way, lets say you put an item for sale on ebay.......your charging $700....and you do the listing fast and dont realize that you put it for $70.....and boom, the item sells for $70 bucks.......now , because it was an error on your part, are you going to want to sell that item for that price, and do you think you should have to take such a loss, because of a mistake?..........I think their needs to be some forgiveness in these situations........

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
...Lets put it this way, lets say you put an item for sale on ebay.......your charging $700....and you do the listing fast and dont realize that you put it for $70.....and boom, the item sells for $70 bucks.......now , because it was an error on your part, are you going to want to sell that item for that price, and do you think you should have to take such a loss, because of a mistake?..........I think their needs to be some forgiveness in these situations........
If you put your item on ebay mistake or no, whatever price it sells for YOU ARE LEGALLY AND CONTRACTUALLY BOUND TO SELL THAT ITEM FOR THE PRICE IT SOLD FOR. YOU BETCH! Been there done that! Sellers have been taken to court over this very mistake, and they are forced to have to sell, same goes for buyers, if you enter a bid on an item and you win YOU ARE LEGALLY AND CONTRACTUALLY BOUND TOBUY THAT ITEM FOR THE PRICE IT SOLD FOR. Buyers have also been taken to court for non-payment.

Technically and legally, Amazon must honor the orders that came in for that price or risk lawsuits for "False Advertisement" "Bait & Switch" techniques. Any and all members that ordered that item should seek legal action, if you really want the watch. It would be a long and protracted process, but viable none the less.

I was at a Wal-Mart with a friend a few years ago and he was looking to buy a second VCR for his and his wife's bedroom. Wal-Mart employees had mistakenly set the High-End Sony Hi-Fi VHS in the slot for the Emerson Hi-Fi, about a $150 difference. The prices on the rack did not have anything but the price, nothing saying which model it is associated with. When he was told it was a mistake, he went and took some photos of the rack and the prices and threatened to call Police right then. Wal-Mart honored the price and most likely fired the employee that caused the mistake.

I was embarrassed and knew that the Sony was not the price of the Emerson and was ready to forget it and move on, not Matt, he got his way and it didn't matter who was hurt or wronged.

Matt is correct though. When a retailer advertises a price in print or in person, said retailer is legally bound to sell the item at the advertised price. A large flier must be posted at all entrances to inform patrons of the mistake to relieve the retailer of responsibility, same must be posted on the Home Page of online retailers. Was there such a flier or header on Amazon.com?

You can check this out with the Federal Trade Commission, The Internet Trade Commission, and the FBI.

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

I am pretty sure amazon has it in their terms and conditions that they can cancel orders for any reason.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

They most definitely do.......actually looked it up. I can remember the day though as described by Tera above. Saw numerous incidents similar when I worked in retail and we had to honor it and some cost us hundreds of dollars. Amazon is hiding behind the small print though. Don't get me wrong I'm not mad because it is what it is. I tried and was smacked down. Nothing ventured nothing gained. You still don't have to like these vendors hiding behind the small print though I certainly do not.

TVDinner wrote:
I am pretty sure amazon has it in their terms and conditions that they can cancel orders for any reason.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.