Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm a Tito Ortiz fan,but a bigger Forrest Griffin fan. Can Tito pull it off again? Forrest is a freakin' warrior and most fighters would have have lost that first fight in the first round when Tito was raining elbows on Griffins grill! For him to turn that fight into a split decision was absolutely amazing! That's the reason that he has the fans that he has.
Tito was fighting on a bad stick (torn ACL) and a bad back. He hung in there like a champ. He had back surgery and he's 100% for the 1st time in a long time. This should be a great fight. MMA fans...what do you think?

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Personally it is a pick-em fight IMHO, however I cant stand Tito at all. I have no problem with his mouth other then when you talk smack and then you get your butt handed too you, Shut up until you become a bad azz again! So I am shooting for Forrest!!!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

That seems to be the general consensus Rip. Most people feel the same way about him and he definitely runs his mouth. I think a lot of that is showmanship. I listened to him on Rome today and he seems to be a down to earth cat. Can't wait.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
That seems to be the general consensus Rip. Most people feel the same way about him and he definitely runs his mouth. I think a lot of that is showmanship. I listened to him on Rome today and he seems to be a down to earth cat. Can't wait.
Oh i am sure deep down he is probably an OK guy, and hell nobody I know talks more Smack then me, but when I am humbled, I generally shut up. I just cant remember the last time I was humbled but you get my point. It will be a good fight never the less!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

(moved this thread to the Sports section)

I have heard him on Howard Stern a few times and as a person he sounds fine, personable, and friendly.

But as a fighter I have ALWAYS found him way over rated. if there was one MMA fighter who reminded me the most of a WWE wrestler it has always been him. From the long TV speeches that are very much like "WWE Hype Promos", the the hair, to the reality series, etc etc etc - I found him a product of the promotion of the sport and that made him a well known star.

Now I am also not saying that there is anything wrong with that. The sport needed him for a long time. He brought attention to the sport and has a lot of fans, but personally I was never blown away by him.

Also, He is 15-6-1 - not that great of a record to be honest.

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

i agree with tv on this one.
i believe he is a product of the hype of the sport
i think he will lose most of the fights he is in from here on out.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

This can go either way....Tito has plenty to prove being out 18 months and forest has plenty to prove being he lost to Tito...Should be an interesting fight and for sure they will put on a show...Me personally I never liked Tito but that does not mean he is not a good fighter...From what I have been watching he looks to be in great shape..The smack talk is part of the game to sell tickets and payper view..So its hard for me to judge this fight since Tito has not fought in so long I dont know what he is capable of anymore. Lets see what happens...should be entertaining..

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
(moved this thread to the Sports section)

I have heard him on Howard Stern a few times and as a person he sounds fine, personable, and friendly.

But as a fighter I have ALWAYS found him way over rated. if there was one MMA fighter who reminded me the most of a WWE wrestler it has always been him. From the long TV speeches that are very much like "WWE Hype Promos", the the hair, to the reality series, etc etc etc - I found him a product of the promotion of the sport and that made him a well known star.

Now I am also not saying that there is anything wrong with that. The sport needed him for a long time. He brought attention to the sport and has a lot of fans, but personally I was never blown away by him.

Also, He is 15-6-1 - not that great of a record to be honest.

Forrest has a big target to aim for. Look at the size of that mellon. Titos head is soo big lol.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

It definately is gonna be a good fight, but I think Tito may pull it off. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

And he loses. no big surprise to be honest.....

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Sounds like Tito, is still Tito talk is cheap it takes money to buy Whiskey there Tit's!!!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I am surprised that Rumble got beat by Koz though. I would have never picked that EVER!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts