Watch Freeks banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I hosted a New Year's party for family and friends tonight.

One of the attendees is a pilot for a commercial airline. He was fairly toasted by the time we could really talk, and our conversation turned to watches. I showed him my humble collection and he flipped over the tourbillon.

I noticed the watch on his wrist and knew what it was immediately (or felt certain that I knew what it was). It's ONLY due to my involvement here at Watch Freeks and the members who love Citizen watches.

John was gracious enough to take the watch off of his wrist so that I could shoot some VERY quick (and dirty) shots.

I'll just post the pics and those who know what this is can pipe in. I have a very brief description from a fairly toasted gentleman pilot this evening, and I'm sure that other's here know more (I don't). :)

ENJOY!

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thanks, James!

John talks VERY highly of this watch. As you can see, it's not his "museum" collectors piece . . . he wears this daily. He tell me that he can calculate things on it that are actually useful. He gave an example (which I don't fully understand), but had to do with equipment failure and the inability to gain info necessary from the on-board computer. He was able to calculate what was necessary (on the watch) to help them successfully navigate.

Just incredible!

I am very impressed with functional watches. He made it sound like a really great timepiece!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.